Production Supervisor -- Weekend Nights
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Production Supervisor - Weekend Nights Shift
Mondays & Fridays - 9:30pm-6:00am
Saturdays & Sundays - 5:30pm-5:30am
Sign on Bonus: Up to $4,000
This position has overall responsibility for all facets of the manufacturing operations – safety, quality, productivity and effective management of the employee workforce. Oversee the scheduling of both the kitchen and packaging lines. The Production Coordinator is the principle link between all levels of employees and management for effective daily operation and schedule attainment.
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and safety awareness within their area of responsibility.
- Support and enforce all plant safety policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
- Responsible for all job-related safety training for their work team.
- Under the guidance from Supply Chain, direct the shift activities to meet all customer requirements.
- Coordinate staffing levels, materials, machines, methods and metrics
- (measurements) to ensure an effective operation.
- Train employees in safety, quality, productivity, operational requirements and the overall business operations as required.
- Foster employee culture of learning organization.
- Initiate all employee relations functions as necessary such as rewards and recognition, coaching, discipline, performance management, etc.
- Accountable for accurate and timely recording of employee attendance and payroll.
- Maintain a smooth operation by ensuring adherence to all operational methods, procedures, and processes.
- Maintain all housekeeping, regulatory, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and sanitization requirements.
- Identify and champion opportunities for continuous improvement initiatives, OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) improvements, etc.
- Fairly and consistently adhere to all Company and Plant procedures, work rules and guidelines.
- Communicate methods, changes, scheduling, etc. as appropriate and required cross-functionally throughout the organization.
- Foster and maintain good employee relations through all the appropriate methods of communications and positive employee relations practices.
- Manage all related technical systems, technologies, machines, and equipment as required.
- Participation in employee process from the hiring and interviewing stage through termination.
- May be required to support the operation outside of assigned shift hours or on weekends as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communications skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media – verbal, written, etc.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment, calm under pressure and flexibility to direct work force and adapt to changing schedules as appropriate.
- Strong leadership abilities and skills as a team builder, coach and mentor. Strong computer skills (SAP and MS Office Suite).
- Strong knowledge of production operation, including equipment, materials, work flow, etc.
- Knowledge of Total Quality Systems (ISO-9000), CGMP and regulatory requirements (21 CFR 110, 111 and 210/211).
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality at all times and in all situations.
- High School Diploma/GED Required
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- 4-5 years previous supervisory experience in a fast-paced, regulatory manufacturing environment such as dietary supplements, CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods), food or pharmaceuticals preferred.
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.5 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods companies and as a testament to our performance; the company was added to the S&P 500 in 2016. Church & Dwight is a leader in the Household Consumer Products and Personal Care industry, with such brands as ARM & HAMMER, Trojan, First Response, Nair, Spinbrush, Oxi Clean, Vitafusion, Orajel, Batiste and more.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More