Quality Assurance Technician -- Afternoons
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Quality Assurance Technician - Vitamins and Minerals Department
Mondays -- Friday: 1:30pm-10:00pm
Sign on Bonus $4000
Under the general supervision of the QC/QA Coordinator – VMS, this position will be responsible for performing both specialized and routine activities pertaining to all VMS (Vitamin and Mineral Supplement) operations. This position will be responsible for conducting inbound and outbound reviews along with assigning material status. Activities also include, but are not limited to, assessing raw materials, bulk products, packaging and finished goods. This position will also perform controls and archive quality system documentation.
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and safety awareness within their area of responsibility.
- Support all plant and department safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Responsible for knowing all regulatory, Company and Bill of Material (BOM) standards for products manufactured in the VMS (Vitamin and Mineral Supplement) area.
- Support all documentation and maintain document control system.
- Review and release materials.
- Perform visual inspections of materials as needed (bottles, caps, seals).
- Review and release labels, ensuring conformance to all artwork and color standards against specifications.
- Creates and provides quarantine and release stickers.
- Reviews lab test results from LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) and conformance with specifications.
- Updates product status in WMS (Warehouse Management System) and SAP as needed.
- Reviews all vendor documentation such as COA (Certificates of Analysis), COC (Certificates of Conformity) and packaging slips to ensure they match BOM (Bill of Materials) standards.
- Generates documentation required to maintain a compliant quality system. Maintains change control system.
- Ensures compliance with all internal controls and procedures.
- Reviews and monitors all batching records against conformity and completion.
- Provide general Quality Department support as needed (audits, failure investigations, complaint investigations, new formula / product start-ups, compliance monitoring, etc.)
- Participate in development, maintenance and communication all applicable SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) for the operation.
- Maintain a smooth production operation by ensuring adherence to all operational methods, procedures, and processes.
- Maintain all housekeeping and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) requirements.
- Ensures all quality and food safety practices are followed at all times.
- Performs releases and hold for materials in the Distribution Center when applicable.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels both internal and external to the organization.
- Excellent communications skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media – verbal, written, etc.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills – ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced working environment.
- Competence in Total Quality Systems (ISO-9000), CGMP and regulatory requirements (21 CFR 110, 111 and 210/211).
- Ability to analyze technical data and make appropriate recommendations as needed.
- Ability to use independent judgment within established guidelines and written directions.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to review documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Knowledge of Plant Quality Systems related to SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures), control plans, work instructions, project management, quality engineering and quality audit functions.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite, MS Project and SAP).
- Knowledge of computerized applications of SPC (Statistical Process Control).
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Quality or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years previous quality control / quality assurance / documentation control experience in a fast-paced regulated manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience in dietary supplements, CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods), food or pharmaceuticals industry a plus.
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.5 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods companies and as a testament to our performance; the company was added to the S&P 500 in 2016. Church & Dwight is a leader in the Household Consumer Products and Personal Care industry, with such brands as ARM & HAMMER, Trojan, First Response, Nair, Spinbrush, Oxi Clean, Vitafusion, Orajel, Batiste and more.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More