Assistant Marketing Mgr.
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Assistant Marketing Manager, Over-The-Counter (OTC) products
The OTC category is a significant part of the Church and Dwight Canada portfolio, with powerhouse and high-profile brands such as Gravol, Anusol, Ovol and Diovol. These brands are not only household names with great Canadian legacies, but they also have the unique perspective of being Canadian led in marketing activities and innovation. This is a dynamic opportunity for an up-and-coming marketer looking to further solidify their experience in supporting brands in well-known and highly competitive categories.
Your background from a leading CPG company will help you support your Marketing Manager to build winning strategies and provide assistance in the operation of the brands. This position will report to the Marketing Manager of Digestive Health.
You will work closely with all internal cross functional counterparts such as Quality & Regulatory Affairs, R&D, Trade Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain and our International teams. You will also work closely with our integrated agency partners on the execution of the brand’s Creative, Media, Shopper Marketing, PR and where applicable, Health Care Professionals activities.
The successful candidate will:
· Assist in the assessment and provide recommendation against new product growth opportunities (category/competitive analysis and consumer, finance, trade, R&D, regulatory and operations validations)
· Assist in the development and commercialization of new product pipelines, including support advancing products through the sku approval and Stage Gate process as well as sku discontinuation recommendations
· Support artwork development and run outs working with packaging partners through key milestones of briefing, artwork development, separations as well as internal supply chain to facilitate transitions
· Acclimatize themselves with the retail, competitive and regulatory environments to support analytics and strategic business decisions (pricing, sizing, distribution, product development, claims development, category reviews and more)
· Undertake brand performance, campaign/promotion ROI and post-mortem analyses, supported by a clear recommended plan of action
· Liaise with external agency partners to support the execution of the integrated consumer, shopper marketing, public relations and health care professional marketing plan and tactics
· Assist in budget tracking, forecasting and reconciliation and the input and processing of estimates
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• Bachelor of Business and/or MBA required
• 1-2 years minimum experience in a CPG marketing environment. Demonstrated understanding and experience with the marketing mix
• Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and influence cross-functional partners to deliver on deadlines
• Can-do attitude, results driven. Motivated to foster team spirit and make an impact to the organization
• Accountable and possesses pride in contributing to share, margin, top line sales growth
• Strong analytical thinking and interest in building financial acumen (analyses, pricing, forecasting, etc.)
• Able to translate data and research into meaningful insights and recommendations
• Able to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Literacy in Microsoft Office and market data tools such as ACNielsen Answers and IQVIA Consumer Health Insights
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
Canada is more than its hulking-mountain, craggy-coast good looks: it also cooks extraordinary meals, rocks cool culture and unfurls wild, moose-spotting road trips.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More