A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
This role is responsible for the overall plant Quality Management System to ensure C&D finished products continuously meet the requirements of our customers and consumers. The position directly manages local personnel and processes in the Quality Control Lab, Production Quality, Quality Assurance, and the Distribution Center areas. In support of both local and corporate continuous improvement initiatives, the role also leads the site team in the identification and execution of these activities, including the development and communication of goal-based measurable plant metrics.
The reporting structure is solid line to Corporate Global Quality to align with global systems and dotted line to Plant Management. The position is a member of the plant management team and supports Operations daily. On site Plant Management is responsible for day-to-day activities.
- Ensure all aspects of the site Quality Management System is in a state of compliance, working efficiently, and continuously assessed for improvement
- Ensure the Quality team is effectively managed, staffed, trained and undergoes continuous skillset development
- Responsible for developing and implementing department strategy and goal objectives for both local and Corporate Quality
- Responsible for always promoting a positive safety culture – focusing on awareness and policy/procedure compliance for all plant personnel
- Directly support the overall plant LEAN program – especially in the Quality area.
- Interacting with Operations, R&D, and Corp. Quality, develop programs to ensure manufacturing systems are in control and statistically capable of meeting defined specifications, including implementation of improvement activities.
- Communicate plant quality issues to Plant Management and staff along with developing and managing specific containment and corrective action steps
- Work directly with Corporate Quality in support of the global CAPA system to ensure local plant issues are effectively reported, managed, and resolved.
- Manage the quality budget within the guidelines and direction of Plant Management.
- Coordinate and support regulatory, customer, and internal quality system audits.
- Interact with Corporate Brand Teams and R&D groups on new product development projects and improvements activities with existing marketed products.
- Apply Lean Six Sigma processes to achieve cost savings targets for the plant.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate local plant Quality Key Performance Indicators, Critical Success Drivers, and other applicable metrics.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Solid statistics knowledge with ability to process and interpret data
- Strong MS Excel, Word, Office Suite, MS Project and SAP capability
- Ability to lead a team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong focus on goal and strategy development for the team
Education and Experience:
- College degree – ideally in a technical area
- Minimum Green Belt certification (Black Belt certification ideal)
- Experience with LEAN and Six Sigma programs
- Certified Quality Engineer ideal
- Experience with quality systems auditing
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in a quality management/supervisory role – ideally in a consumer product type manufacturing environment
- Solid knowledge of quality management systems – such as ISO 9001 and general GMP regulatory requirements
- Experience with laboratory processes and procedures
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More