Core Mechanic - Weekend Nights
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Shift - Weekend Nights
F/G Shift: Fri & Mon 9:30pm to 5:30am and Sat & Sun 5:30pm to 5:30am
Starting Pay Rate - $34.00/hr.
Sign On Bonus - $1,500
This position will be responsible for all production line, equipment and facilities maintenance initiatives in a fast paced, high volume manufacturing and distribution facility.
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and awareness within their area.
- Support and adhere to all plant safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Perform troubleshooting, facility, equipment and production line repairs, shop fabrication, pipe fitting (PVC and stainless) and machine set-up in support of high speed production lines.
- Perform all maintenance activities such as predictive and preventative maintenance, work orders and improvement projects via the CMMS system.
- Coordinate and perform all maintenance activities (PM, work orders, improvement projects, etc.) to effectively balance maintenance and production needs. Perform technical work while running production lines in pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical areas.
- Maintain packaging equipment including machine adjustments, repairs, lubrication, etc. in support of Line Mechanics and Technical Line Operators. Root cause analysis to troubleshoot and eliminate primary causes of downtime, etc. to improve OEE (overall equipment effectiveness).
- Facilities maintenance including maintenance and repair of all building and ground support systems.
- Active participation in training and certification program as needed in technical aspects of machinery to include set-ups, changeovers, troubleshooting, etc.
- Ensures all quality and food safety practices are followed at all times in support of the VMS (vitamin and mineral supplement) business.
- Assist with the training and certification program as needed. All other related duties as required and assigned.
High school diploma or GED required 3-5 years proven maintenance mechanic experience in a fast-paced lean manufacturing environment preferred; CPG (consumer packaged goods) industry a plus Strong mechanical aptitude including knowledge of three phases electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and PLC controls, shop math skills and strong troubleshooting ability required Strong computer skills required; previous experience with SAP or CMMS preferred.
What we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary including annual bonus & Stock Incentive Program
- Comprehensive benefits package along with generous 401K
- Career ownership & development
- Diversity & Sustainability
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.5 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods companies and as a testament to our performance; the company was added to the S&P 500 in 2016. Church & Dwight is a leader in the Household Consumer Products and Personal Care industry, with such brands as ARM & HAMMER, Trojan, First Response, Nair, Spinbrush, Oxi Clean, Vitafusion, Orajel, Batiste and more.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More