Production Planning Supervisor
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The incumbent will coordinate and expedite the flow of manufacturing and packaging schedules, with the availability of raw materials and packaging components for the site's baking soda, carpet deodorizer and specialty product lines. In addition, the incumbent will supervise and coordinate the activities of the Industrial Pack Operators for Specialty Products Division (SPD) products. This will be accomplished by addressing the following duties and responsibilities:
• Directly confer with the corporate planning group regarding customer orders and delivery deadlines, in order to determine the site's production priorities. Also confer with the corporate SPD division for similar information regarding all bulk orders and deadlines.
• Determine packaging sequencing for multiple product SKUs, considering manufacturing and packaging capabilities and available labor resources. Further, determine bagging, super-sack, truck and railcar bulk packaging needs, considering the priorities for multiple grades of baking soda balanced against the production requirements in the above SKUs, as well as the available bin storage and labor resources.
• Maintain inventories of raw materials, cartons, cases, bags, super sacks, etc. necessary to meet production demands, create purchase orders, and sustain communication with vendors on outstanding deliveries.
• Revise production schedules for baking soda, carpet deodorizer, or SPD production when required due to customer order changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, etc.
• Distributing production schedules to appropriate departments and ensuring the most current version is available when revisions are necessary
• Clearly communicate with corporate staff for material procurement, new products and chemicals in order to prepare for and accommodate changes in bills of materials.
• Processing goods receipts and reconciling confirmations against actual production, in order to provide weekly order forecasts to vendors for packaging components.
• Accurately recording production data, including volume produced, and performing daily receiving and consumption of raw materials in SAP, in order to assess progress.
• Working closely with the accounting function to assist with supply chain and logistics electronic recordkeeping.
• Coordinate, direct and communicate daily operating plans, shop floor instructions and sequences for SPD production to Industrial Pack Operators in order to meet production requirements. This includes ensuring adequate communications occur with rotating nightshift and weekend operators as well, regarding their production requirements.
• Plan, monitor and communicate work schedules, assignments and coverages for absences within the SPD department. Manage employee timesheets in payroll software.
• Maintain halal, kosher, FDA, and GFSI procedures and updates for SPD packaging, and ensure annual training requirements for each of the above certifications are met for individual SPD employees.
• Enforce safety and sanitation regulations and conduct inspections as needed.
• Confer with management and/or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, or issues occurring with direct reports. Provide coaching as appropriate, in addition to necessary discipline.
• Analyze trends of employee productivity, etc. to maintain optimal staffing and shift schedules for the operators.
• Maintain familiarity with the Purchasing Agent's planning responsibilities in laundry detergent, MRP, and indirect goods to provide back-up assistance in the absence of the Purchasing Agent.
• Support and deploy lean manufacturing initiatives.
Qualifications for a candidate include: a high-school diploma with preference given for an associate or bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or a related field; 3-5 years business experience, preferably with procurement and/or accounting activities, and supervisory responsibilities; strong organizational, planning and analytical skills, along with well-developed verbal and written communication skills. Experience in SAP or other supply chain software is highly desirable.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More