Maintenance Supervisor - Midnight
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Monday - Friday 9:30pm - 6:00am
Starting Pay Rate - $23.83/hr
Sign on bonus - $4000
This position has overall responsibility for all facets of maintenance and facilities management in a large manufacturing and distribution environment. Apply the principles of lean manufacturing, including the direct supervision and training of employees, communication and coordination of projects with plant management and the continuous improvement of the maintenance processes.
- Responsible for promoting a safety culture and safety awareness within their area of responsibility. Support and enforce all plant safety policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner. Responsible for all job-related safety training for their work team.
- Direct work activities of maintenance and operations employees to improve operational efficiency, reduce unscheduled downtime and to lower the unit cost of maintenance activity.
- Direct maintenance and operations employees in root cause analysis and troubleshooting to identify problems, equipment malfunctions, determine corrective actions to be taken and implement such corrective actions.
- Oversee staffing levels, materials, machines, methods and metrics (measurements) to ensure an effective operation. Work with Supply Chain and Operations to schedule all maintenance work with minimal downtime and minimal interruption to the schedule.
- Champion active preventative maintenance program, service and maintain production equipment on a continuous basis.
- Develops new tools and techniques to improve monitoring and performance of machinery and improve department KPI’s.
- Accountable for maintaining repair parts, inventory, initiating purchase requisitions as appropriate and within budgeted parameters including inventory turn requirements.
- Train employees in safety, quality, productivity and the overall business operations as required. Foster employee culture of learning organization.
- Initiate all employee relations functions as necessary such as coaching, discipline, etc.
- Accountable for accurate and timely recording of employee attendance and payroll.
- Maintain a smooth production operation by ensuring adherence to all operational and regulatory requirements, methods, procedures and processes.
- Maintain all housekeeping, regulatory and safety requirements.
- Identify and champion opportunities for continuous improvement initiatives, OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) improvements, etc.
- Promote fair and consistent adherence to all local and corporate policies, procedures, work rules and guidelines.
- Communicate methods, changes, scheduling, etc. as appropriate and required cross-functionally throughout the organization.
- Foster and maintain good employee relations through all the appropriate methods of communications and positive employee relations practices.
- Manage all related technical systems, technologies, machines, and equipment as required.
- Participation in employee process from the hiring and interviewing stage through termination.
- May be required to support the operation outside of assigned shift hours or on weekends as needed.
- Ensures all quality and food safety practices are followed at all times.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communications skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media – verbal, written, etc.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment, calm under pressure and flexibility to direct work force and adapt to changing schedules as appropriate.
- Strong leadership abilities and skills as a team builder, coach, and mentor.
- Strong computer skills (SAP and MS Office Suite).
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing and packaging operation, including equipment, materials, work flow, etc.
- Technical knowledge including PLC/controls, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical, electrical, etc.
- Ability to operate a computer in a Windows-based environment and ability to use most office equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferred in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 1-3 years previous maintenance supervisory experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment such as CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods) preferred.
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.5 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods companies and as a testament to our performance; the company was added to the S&P 500 in 2016. Church & Dwight is a leader in the Household Consumer Products and Personal Care industry, with such brands as ARM & HAMMER, Trojan, First Response, Nair, Spinbrush, Oxi Clean, Vitafusion, Orajel, Batiste and more.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More