Sr Mgr, Sales Finance & Business Analysis
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Provides financial and strategic leadership to assigned VPs of Sales and Customer Business Teams to optimize business results, drive trade efficiency & profitable revenue growth and return on total commercial investment.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Key member of the VP, Sales Food leadership team to provide financial insights on business results and key strategic initiatives, execution of annual operating plan, and organizational structure. Partner to develop financial strategies and objectives to optimize business performance to achieve annual objectives.
- Provides financial leadership to field sales organization to ensure effective trade spend and total P&L management, provide business analytics and insights to drive incremental profitable revenue growth opportunities.
- Drive customer profitability by partnering with Customer Strategic Planning Group and key constituents leverage Commercial Segmentation Investment model to establish annual quotas for sales, trade spend and profit to achieve the Annual Operating Plan.
- Identifies and drives trade spending changes to budget/forecast by uncovering opportunities and risks to annual/quarterly customer trade plans in preparation for CFO Customer Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Liaise with key business partners leveraging Trade Promotion Analytic tools to deliver deeper insights on pre and post event analysis for improved trade efficiency and optimal ROI.
- Collaborate with key business partner and VP of Sales – Food conducting monthly and quarterly volume consensus projections and shipment versus consumptions analysis focused on assessing inventory trends and identifying potential markdown risks.
- Assess and partner with key constituents to develop annual slotting, brokerage, SG&A budgets focus on driving benefit realization and budget savings.
- Partners with leadership and brokers to develop and implement key Retail & Trade KPI metrics/scorecards and Cost-to-Serve insights to improve JBP negotiations to drive enhanced business performance.
- Develop and implement performance tracking reports for quarterly/annual Agency Sales & Marketing commissions and incentive targets.
- Finance lead supporting cross-functional teams to drive successful implementation of key strategic initiatives i.e., acquisitions, productivity, go-to-market and pricing strategies.
- Creates an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolutions, cross-functional collaboration and process improvement/simplification to ensure superior execution.
- Responsible for personnel management within the group; provides coaching and ensures that performance management and career development activities are completed.
- Own Audit Key Controls with regards to Trade Promotion Management and Check Book Spending
Education and Experience
- BS degree from an accredited institution in Finance or Accounting (MBA preferred).
- 7 years of experience in the CPG or adjacent industry with demonstrated proficiency of managing P&L issues and interaction with a diversified customer base.
- 2 years’ experience in a management level role with staff supervision responsibility; 4 years preferred.
- 3 years Sales Finance experience
- Knowledge of SAP, Oracle CRM, BPC and Siebel a plus; experience with TPO/TPM tools mandatory
- Ability to travel (<25%)
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More