Associate Director, Packaging Storytelling Strategy
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Church & Dwight is looking for a seasoned design professional who has experience extending Brand Storytelling into packaging to trigger an emotional connection when consumers see our products on the physical and virtual shelf. You will be part of an organization with a consumer first mindset where you can truly make a meaningful impact, by leveraging the power of great design through packaging. You will be leading a small passionate internal team with a demonstrated record of success while partnering with leading external packaging design agencies to help our brands achieve their packaging objectives. We believe great design doesn’t happen by accident. Elevated experiences require passion, vision, and a desire for perfection. If you’re up for the challenge, we invite you to join us in helping our portfolio of brands achieve creative excellence.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Lead the process for developing packaging graphics strategies across our brands.
- Leverage Storytelling best practices to deliver packaging graphic designs that align with brand vision and can push our brands in new, innovative directions
- Lead the creation of brand packaging guidelines in collaboration with the brand team
- Collaborate with the brand teams to develop thoughtful Packaging Brief’s that move from features & benefits to emotional connection.
- Source and vet best in class external design resources and agencies with a proven track record in extending Brand Storytelling to the package.
- Strong knowledge of global design, packaging graphics, retail, consumer trends to help our brand teams apply them into their current and future thinking
- Strong knowledge of color, sub-straights and printing processes common to the consumer packaging industry
- A strong portfolio demonstrating breadth and creativity in successful packaging graphics design and a strong understanding of design and creative process
- Knowledgeable of testing platforms and methodologies for packaging graphics
- Willingness to learn, motivate and inspire others as a Design Leader
- Self-Confident and able to diplomatically express views that may be unpopular
- Comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects at once
- Conscientious, organized and dependable; always meets deadlines and commitments
- Personable, easily establishes rapport with others, making them feel comfortable and valued
- Service-Oriented, anticipating, recognizing and meeting customer needs
- Collaborative, works as part of the team to successfully achieve common goal
Education and Experience
- 10+ years of experience in an agency / corporate environment conceptualizing, designing and delivering premium experience through breakthrough packaging graphics.
- A proven manager and leader who takes satisfaction in the team’s output, as well as in producing his/her own work; a collaborator who knows the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Demonstrated success in test and learn environments, adaptable and flexible thinker.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated patience, and tact; diplomatic
- Exceptional detail and follow-up skills.
Skills and Competencies
- Proficient in Creative Suite programs (Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign) as well as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Code of Conduct
- Sexual Harassment Avoidance
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More