Sr. Copywriter, Brand Storytelling
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Church & Dwight is looking for an experienced copywriter to write breakthrough marketing content to help develop and drive the stories of a diverse range of brands, in multiple marketing channels. If you are a storyteller with a demonstrated ability to consistently write compelling copy and content that communicate a brand’s persona and voice in an engaging, authentic, human, and credible way, while also achieving marketing campaign objectives and following brand guidelines, then this role is for you.
This newly created role will join the Copywriting team on Church & Dwight’s well-established, in-house creative agency the Creative Services Team. Reporting to the Copy & Content Manager, the Sr. Copywriter for Branding & Storytelling will work collaboratively with CS’s highly dynamic team of talented copywriters, graphic designers, social media creators, and video producers and editors. The Sr. Copywriter for Branding & Storytelling also will collaborate closely with internal partners such as C&D’s Digital Strategy and Ecommerce Teams, Brand Teams, and Project Managers, as well as external partners including outside consultants, contractors, freelancers, and external digital and creative agencies.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Quickly and completely understand a brand’s story and voice, and then communicate those nuances via effective copy for a variety of touchpoints across the customer journey, at any level of the purchase funnel
- Write compelling short-form and long-form copy for a variety of digital channels -- including web, email, ecommerce, social media, video & audio, programmatic ads – and for non-digital channels such as in-store signage, displays, print advertising, sampling cards, and other collateral.
- Communicate the brand voice and story for a wide variety of personal care and household brands – from everyday laundry, pet care and dental care; to DIY crafts and baking staples; to beauty and hair care; to vitamins & supplements; to sexual health and fertility, and more.
- Be able to work independently, or collaborate directly with Brand Teams, the Copy/Content Manager, and other CS team members to conceptualize, write, revise and execute effective content
- Where needed, revise or create new brand guidelines that firmly establish a clear brand voice and story, often in collaboration with consultants and brand team members
- Create effective content that follows established brand guidelines and legal or regulatory rules
- Skillfully, efficiently, and tactfully review and provide feedback to others’ copy, video and design work, as well as be able to efficiently and objectively review and proofread your own
- Flexibility and adaptability to changes in a project’s direction, objectives and due dates
- Ability to receive constructive creative feedback and make adjustments to reflect spoken and unspoken direction by team stakeholders
- Strong collaboration, communication and leadership skills. Ability to build productive, influential, and trustworthy working relationships with fellow creators, clients, partners and cross-functional team members.
- An attention to detail when it comes to grammar, typos, misspellings, and all things proofreading.
- Demonstrated ease in learning and adapting to new technology and digital platforms
- Strong understanding of social and digital media space, and ability to adapt your writing voice to fit any medium and audience.
- Effective under pressure and able to meet multiple tight deadlines.
- Energetic, optimistic, enthusiastic, strategic self-starter who’s comfortable adapting to changing situations and expectations.
- A creative person who’s always eager to go the extra mile, roll up their sleeves and get things done!
Education and Experience
- 5+ years relevant experience developing brand-level copy and messaging at an agency or within an internal creative team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Creative Writing, English, Public Relations, or a related field and/or equivalent experience
- Relevant creative experience working with consumer goods, personal care, and household brands is a plus
- Outstanding writing skills. You’re an exceptional storyteller with a compelling portfolio of examples demonstrating how you have embodied and built strong brands through content and copy.
Skills and Competencies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More