Manager, Content Strategy & Storytelling
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Job Title: Manager, Content Strategy & Storytelling
Job Grade: Grade 28
Department: Consumer Experience
Reports To: Associate Director, Creative Service
Church & Dwight is looking for a highly talented, innovative, and collaborative Sr. Manager, Content Strategy & Storytelling, with experience in branding and storytelling in the CPG industry to work on a new and exciting storytelling initiative across our globally recognized household brands. Our global brands include ARM & HAMMER®, Batiste™, OxiClean™, Trojan™, XTRA™, Nair™, First Response™, Spinbrush™, Orajel™, Vitafusion™, Li’l Critters™, Water Pik®, FLAWLESS®, Zicam® and TheraBreath®.
You'll be bringing your experience and leadership skills to an established, high performing Creative Services team developing and executing engaging and consistent digital and print content for our well-known brands. The Sr. Manager, Content Strategy & Storytelling will be responsible for ensuring that all storytelling for the CHD brands is smart, exciting, engaging, and well-executed across numerous online and in-store touchpoints.
You will work closely with branding agencies on the development of brand guidelines as well as own the hands-on development of guidelines for various brands. Additionally, this role will work intimately with the Assoc. Director, Creative Services, Brand Teams, and Project Managers to help execute on-brand visual and copy content by the Creative Services team. As Art Director, you will ensure all communications are in line with both brand objectives and the creative visual, tone and voice.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Work directly with the Brand teams and Creative Director on all aspects of creative execution, from research and claims, to organizing messaging and visual architecture into real, competitive assets.
- Collaborate with a very strong art-focused Design Director and team to produce stellar work
- Assist the Copy team on ideating stories and messages to be on brand across multiple digital touchpoints as well as on packaging
- Interact with internal and external vendors (photographers, illustrators, designers and motion artists), freelancers and agency partners as needed to execute consistent digital content
- Concept and assemble brand guidelines
- Field creative feedback
- Meet timeline milestones
- Inspire, motivate, and guide the creative team
- Apply keen attention to detail - throughout each step of the concept and execution process
- Work in collaboration with graphic packaging team to ensure storytelling is present in packaging design
- You are a quick thinker and quick problem-solver but also know when to escalate issues
- You are a diplomatic communicator, able to work with internal and external stakeholders who may have different priorities, but shared goals
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects at once
- Conscientious, organized and dependable; always meets deadlines and commitments
- Personable, easily establishes rapport with others, making them feel comfortable and valued
- Excellent interpersonal skills, time management, creative problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, and a can-do, solutions-oriented approach
Education and Experience
- 10+ years of Art Direction / Content Strategy experience with a focus on branding
- 5+ years of leadership experience, supportive and encouraging, always working to bring out the best in your team
- Experience directing photo shoots in a lifestyle environment
- You have a stellar portfolio and strong grasp of current and upcoming trends
- You have a discerning eye for photography, layout, and composition
- You have in-depth knowledge of design and copywriting processes
Skills and Competencies
- Proficient in Creative Suite programs (Adobe, Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign) as well as Microsoft Word and Excel
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More