Project Manager III
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Project Manager leads New Product Development teams to develop and successfully complete Consumer Durable Goods products. Successful completion is defined as satisfying the product requirement document, meeting product and project costs, and completing the project on schedule to meet overall business objectives and strategy. Leads cross-functional teams, and mentors peers.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage cross-functional teams (e.g., Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Quality, Purchasing, Customer Service, Suppliers, outsourced personnel). Make decisions to advance project objectives, and use a proactive, positive, and assertive leadership style consistent with the Company mission and philosophy.
- Forecast, plan, control, and assess internal and external resources (e.g., financial costs, assets, consultants) and baseline project metrics (e.g., project schedule, project budget, product performance, product cost). Document project methods and suggest improvements in the product development process.
- Identify and manage all cross-functional deliverables associated with the definition, development and introduction of successful new products.
- Communicate effectively with team members, team sponsors, leadership, and functional managers about project status, risks, contingency and mitigation plans (e.g., monthly Go-To-Market review updates, project milestone review meetings, weekly NPD meetings).
- Communicate effectively with contract manufacturers about project status, direction, timing, updates (e.g., weekly AIMs, daily emails, conference calls).
- Follow quality system procedures. Assist in procedure development when required. Ensure product quality and take appropriate action when non-conformances are identified. Keep accurate records.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Conduct all activities in a manner which is fair, moral, ethical and legal.
Operating Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Project and team management skills. Ability to manage, direct, lead and mentor others.
- New product development process and milestones.
- New product development tools (e.g., DFM/A, FMEA, scheduling software, brainstorming, experiment design, statistical evaluation methods).
Education and Experience
- Minimum requirement is a Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, or approved equivalent
- 7-10 years’ experience in product development and project leadership is required.
- Experience with aspects of new product development including engineering, marketing, finance, manufacturing, quality function deployment, etc.
- Experience in Consumer Durable Goods product development, specifically with Plastic Injection Molded parts and Electronic Control Systems.
- Experience working with Asian manufacturing companies in New Product Development and Manufacturing.
- No specific training is required. PMP Certification is desirable.
Other Qualifications & Physical Requirements
- Some international travel is expected. (10%-25% travel)
- Must work in office in Fort Collins minimum 3 days/week
Reporting Relationship: Director New Product Development – Operations.
Supervisory Duties: No direct reports, however, will need to lead team members and mentor peers toward the successful execution of project tasks and ultimately to production and commercialization of new products.
Salary and Benefits
Water Pik, Inc., a partner company of Church & Dwight Company, Inc., offers an extensive Total Reward package for this position, including:
Estimated pay: $96,300-$126,500 Hourly or Annual Salary.
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance / Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending / Health Savings Account / Commuter Reimbursement Account
Vacation / Holiday / Sick Time / Pandemic Leave / Short and Long Term Disability / Life & AD&D / Spouse/Child Optional Life / Supplemental Life & AD&D / Family and Medical Leave / Bereavement
Adoption Assistance / Tuition Reimbursement / Employee Assistance Program / Identity Theft Protection / Critical Illness Insurance
Savings and Profit Sharing Plan / 401(k) Match / Employee Stock Purchase Plan
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More