A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Quality Engineer assists with quality systems implementation for consumer complaint investigations, product design, and manufacturing by performing data analyses, evaluating product returns, writing reports, and maintaining records to support the Global Quality Management System. Works with Consumer Relations, R&D, Manufacturing (in-house and contract manufacturing) and Suppliers to investigate complaints.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Evaluates and closes consumer complaints or corrective action reports with appropriate documentation. Communicates and follows-up with Quality Engineers, Manufacturers, or Suppliers, as directed.
- Evaluates and investigates consumer product returns. Writes investigation reports.
- Assists with root cause investigations for CAPA (Corrective Action / Preventive Action), using quality tools.
- Performs data analysis (trend analysis, Pivot tables, basic statistics)
- Documents actions taken in response to a complaint or nonconformance with rationale (for example, CAPAs, Corrective Action Reports, and consumer complaint evaluations).
- May assist with new product startup (for example, may assist with FMEAs (Failure Mode Effects Analyses) and manufacturing capability analysis).
- Works cross-functionally with Manufacturing, Purchasing, Global Mfg. Services and R&D.
Education and Experience
- BS degree in related field (pursuing Quality Engineering certification desirable)
- Experience in the consumer products, medical device, and/or pharmaceutical industries desirable.
- Experience in a Quality function desirable.
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of QE, auditing of manufacturing operations for medical devices, OTC and /or pharmaceutical industries.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt knowledge desirable
- High initiative with demonstrated results achievement and orientation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More