A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
This position will provide Human Resources support and leadership for all initiatives at the plant in a lean manufacturing environment, including staffing, employee relations, adherence to plant policies, training and development, and performance management.
Primary Work Location: Fostoria Ohio Distribution Center
Primary Working Hours: 7:30 am - 4:00 pm with some off shift / weekends as needed.
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safe culture and awareness within their area of responsibility.
- Act as an employee advocate and ensure compliance to the company’s human resources policies and appropriate government law and regulations including but not limited to EEO, AAP, OFCCP, FMLA, and Unemployment.
- Facilitate the Staffing Process and work with department Manager / Supervisor to maintain needed staffing levels, and ensure area staffing information is accurate and up to date. Ensure HRIS / Payroll systems are updated based on employee moves.
- Assist the post offer/new hire process and assist with the HR portion of new hire orientation.
- Act as an employee advocate, engage in employee relations activities and offer recommendations
- Foster and maintain good employee relations though the appropriate methods of communication and positive employee relations practices.
- Develop and implement training on HR topics on a regular basis.
- Assist with the processing of non-exempt payroll hours on a bi-monthly basis in current platform.
- Communicate with managers on related issues to ensure accurate payroll / HR Data.
- Direct information of a critical/sensitive nature to the HR Manager in a timely and appropriate manner so as to not jeopardize confidential information or timeliness of response.
- Conduct investigations and recommend and review supervisory recommendations for corrective actions, performance improvement and terminations when necessary.
- Process employee separations and conduct exit interviews.
- Assist other departments with Human Resources related issues, while maintaining a good working relationship.
- Liaison for vendors and state agencies
- Administer and communicate all on-boarding reviews of new hires with necessary parties.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required, PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SPC preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality always and in all situations
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite, Windows-based applications)
- HRIS software experience required; Workday preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communications skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media – verbal, written, etc
- Excellent organizational/time management skills
- Strong degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to provide and sustain a strong level of customer service to the organization
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More