A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
This position will provide overall management of the operations associated with the manufacture and packaging in accordance with all Company policies and applicable laws. The Operations Manager will plan, organize and direct these manufacturing activities to meet established plant objectives and key performance indicators (KPI’s). This position will provide leadership and guidance to all direct reports, as well as other support areas as needed. The Operations Manager will lead all lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives for their functional area. This position is critical for establishing and maintaining the area as a center for operational excellence, including stressing the safety, quality and customer service mentality vital to the organization.
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and awareness within area of responsibility. Support and enforce all plant safety policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner. Lead behavior based safety initiatives within the department.
- Provide the manufacturing process with leadership, guidance and team support. Offer direction, expertise and effort in the manufacturing area. Maintain focus on meeting plant objectives and KPI’s specific to safety, quality, productivity (OEE), schedule attainment (OTIF) and cost control.
- Utilizing lean and six sigma methodologies, meeting daily production target goals, improving product quality by reducing defects, reducing labor hours, adhering to departmental budget, enforcing policies on a consistent basis, maintaining department morale and enforcing safety regulations.
- As a key Leadership Team member, prepares, monitors and maintains department budget.
- Facilitate and drive employee engagement activities. Develop culture of open and honest communication. Encourage and support employee suggestions and recommendations relating to continuous improvement of the work environment and processes and the elimination of waste.
- Review, develop, implement and revise (as needed) all processes and procedures within the manufacturing areas to ensure continuous improvement activities. This includes implementation and maintenance of lean manufacturing principles, G2G (Good to Great) cost savings initiatives and efficiency enhancing resources. Track results as indicated by plant key performance indicators (KPI). Also serves as key team member in Kaizen events, participation in audit programs and implementation of engineering changes.
- Maintain a competent staff through effective selection, training, development, motivation and active performance management. Lead and develop direct reports. Creating and execution of department annual goals and objectives/core competencies and developmental plans. Enable team members to use tools such as effective meetings, consensus building, coaching, problem solving, audits and feedback to meet team and plant goals.
- Coordinate and monitor training and development programs to ensure operator effectiveness, skill enhancement and flexibility within the work group and the plant. Ensure certification processes are followed and maintained.
- Assume responsibility for all administrative facets of the area assigned, including personnel (approval of all corrective actions, etc.) and operations (operations reporting). Assist in the development of policies and procedures. Address issues of consistency of application of policies and procedures as directed by Human Resources.
- Actively participate in supplier interaction activities, such as in-sourcing, outsourcing, quality and delivery issues, and supplier visits and audits.
- Participate in the panel interview and hiring process for both hourly and professional positions. Assist in development high potential employees into roles as new Coordinators and leaders in the plant.
- Evaluates opportunities for major reductions in manufacturing cost through the introduction and use of current technologies such as TPS, SMED etc.
- Maintain a competent staff through selection, training, development, motivation and performance management.
- Creation and execution of annual goals/objectives and performance feedback sessions.
- Ensures the quality standards are other related duties as required and assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communications skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media – verbal, written, etc.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills. In-depth technical knowledge of manufacturing operations including equipment, work flow, materials, etc.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment. Solid critical thinking skills and ability to create new, innovative ways to handle situations.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies. Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite and SAP).
- Ability to analyze data and make appropriate recommendations.
- Solid understanding of OEE, OTIF and other key manufacturing metrics.
- Familiarity with quality management systems, GMP’s and/or validation through advanced training.
- Strong knowledge of production operation, including equipment, materials, work flow, etc.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality at all times and in all situations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field preferred. Master’s Degree a plus.
- 7-10 years previous operations management experience in a fast-paced manufacturing industry, CPG experience a plus.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary including annual bonus & Stock Incentive Program
- Comprehensive benefits package along with generous 401K
- Career ownership & development
- Diversity & Sustainability
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.5 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods companies and as a testament to our performance; the company was added to the S&P 500 in 2016. Church & Dwight is a leader in the Household Consumer Products and Personal Care industry, with such brands as ARM & HAMMER, Trojan, First Response, Nair, Spinbrush, Oxi Clean, Vitafusion, Orajel, Batiste and more.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More