A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Reporting to the Finance Manager Reporting & Controls, the Senior Accountant will play a key role in the financial reporting cycle. This position is ideal for the professional who is looking for an opportunity for career growth and wanting to add value to a fast growing organization.
The successful candidate will:
- Responsible for cash reconciliation, tracking of daily cash movements, clearing of cheques and miscellaneous deposits.
- Responsible for master data requests and maintenance
- Perform system checks and reconciliations and drive corrective actions
- Manage the lease capitalization process including recommendations for capitalization vs expensing
- Perform validations of Balance Sheet and Income Statement and coordination of supplementary schedule submissions to Corporate
- Analyze and reconcile balance sheet and profit and loss accounts complete with supporting documentation
- Participate in SOX documentation and process review
- Lead and participate in process improvement initiatives to gain efficiencies and special projects
- Make recommendations on improving established policies and procedures, and implement changes
- Document standard operating procedures.
- Monitor and approve purchase orders to ensure proper account coding
- Prepare month end accruals and enter journal entries
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Pursuing a Professional Accounting Designation – CPA
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP and/or IFRS
- Strong analytical skills with ability to present data in a meaningful way and make recommendations
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and analyzing account reconciliations
- Ability to think critically and recommend ideas for improvement of existing policies and practices
- Proven problem solving skills and the ability to implement solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- SAP and BPC experience is an asset
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Proficiency in Excel and MS Work
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage varying deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and deadline oriented
Church and Dwight Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free, inclusive and accessible work environment. Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodation in respect of a legally protected characteristic in accordance with applicable human rights legislation. If you require accommodation on this basis, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please inform our Human Resources department if you require an accommodation in completing this application for employment or for otherwise participating in the application process.
Canada is more than its hulking-mountain, craggy-coast good looks: it also cooks extraordinary meals, rocks cool culture and unfurls wild, moose-spotting road trips.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More