Technical Services Manager-Poultry
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Provide technical sales and support to Arm & Hammer Business Managers and customers in the poultry sector. This position requires an individual with a strong feed additive technical support, poultry nutrition, skills and experience in commercial poultry operations.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities (Describe the 5-7 major accountabilities)
Develop and execute scientifically sound protocols with university trials, lab trials, and customer trials.
Interact directly with customers, especially company and consulting nutritionists, veterinarians and live production teams to uncover customers’ needs, evaluate and offer solutions based on the full Arm & Hammer Animal and Food Production portfolio.
Actively participate in conferences, seminars, association meetings and trade show events to support Arm & Hammer’s leadership in the feed additive business segment.
Communicate with poultry customers, prospects, industry influencers, technical, sales managers, marketing and research teams via phone, email and other virtual means to develop, lead and participate in various projects, and to evaluate new business opportunities in feed additives, premix and commercial feed areas.
Provide technical assistance with operations, R&D, marketing, and external entities.
Provide insight regarding potential poultry industry gaps and potential Arm & Hammer value propositions.
Develop and conduct internal and external trainings and webinars.
Education and Experience
• DVM or advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in animal science or poultry science, with a focus on poultry nutrition is preferred.
• Minimum of five years industry or university experience in research/technical support with primary expertise in poultry production, management and/or specific disciplines within poultry sciences (nutrition, physiology, management).
• Proven track record of proactively accomplishing assigned goals and objectives.
• Experience with data capture and reporting systems in poultry operations and statistical evaluation of these datasets.
Skills and Competencies
• Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills with ability to deliver professional proposals and presentations to both internal management and with customers.
• Strong communication skills to convey recommended actions as well as the value-added benefits of products and services to multiple classes of stakeholders.
• Must be well organized, detail oriented, ability to manage multiple technical projects, and work in a self directed manner.
• Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on developing appropriate plans or performing necessary actions based on recommendations and requirements.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More