Head of Supply Chain and Global Operations
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
- Directly responsible for the overall leadership, management and deliverables of the complex multi-site operations (global manufacturing, contract manufacturing and 3PL’s).
- Directly responsible for assessing and managing the day-to-day business objectives, while defining and executing against the company’s immediate, mid and long-term growth strategies.
- A key contributor to executing the corporate strategies supporting robust growth objectives.
- An influential leader and strategic business partner for the management team and will lead by engaging, coaching and developing an energetic team of employees, ensuring all programs & priorities are aligned to drive improved capabilities, end-to-end supply harmonization, competitive customer service deliverables & industry best practices.
- Bring a strong track record of profitability, global growth and innovation in the Global Operations space
- Functionally, the position provides strategic direction for the development of the overall business plan from an Operations perspective and will be focused on driving manufacturing/operational efficiencies, defining and tracking against shared corporate goals, objectives and performance metrics, ensuring overall organizational effectiveness, cost savings and profitability, as well as modifying and expanding the equipment and production flow in the large and complex operations in order to enable continued growth and expansion.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- CM Commercial Negotiations – all Global CM’s, Logistics and Corporate Purchasing. Spearheads all supplier relationships and effectively manages and implements the strategic direction of the manufacturing supply chain globally.
- Best in Class Manufacturing, Quality and Delivery – all Global Locations (US and multiple facilities in Asia). Ensures manufacturing performance meets the needs of internal and external customers by meeting production schedules and responding to changing requirements with increasing flexibility.
- Corporate Procurement – Develop and implement key procurement strategies for the company to ensure key components and services are negotiated at low cost and high performance while still maintaining outstanding service levels. Additionally leads e-commerce and e-sourcing initiatives.
- Planning and CM Order Management - Manages global fulfillment and establishes practical build schedules
- Inventory Management - optimize global inventory levels while still meeting customer demand and the financial objectives of the company and extended corporation.
- NPD Project Management - Ensures effective support for accelerated new product introductions. Also establishes relationships with NPD and manufacturing partners that result in cross-functional synergies. Also ensures timely packaging development and execution to meet launch goals and ensures the final integrity and quality of the product at the consumer level.
- Cost Savings, Synergy Initiatives and Implementation – Six Sigma, Kaizen and Lean. Also ensures effective and continuous improvement in processes and products. Establish and meet annual productivity (G2G) savings targets.
- Supply chain resiliency – develop redundancy plans for co-manufacturers and suppliers including the establishment of multiple supply sources for finished products and materials, reducing the length of the supply chain and development of business interruption plans.
- Capacity Planning – Maintain evergreen capacity plans with a minimum outlook of 5 years.
- Inbound Freight Logistics – Develop and implement a best-in-class 3PL backbone that delivers world class delivery metrics accompanied with best in class pricing. Also spearheads development of critical systems to achieve performance objectives.
- Warehousing and Customer Fulfillment including DTC – all Global locations (US, Canada, Asia and Europe). Evaluates and upgrades plant and distribution efficiencies worldwide, including existing logistics practices such as 3PL and global fulfillment matrix.
- Directs global sourcing efforts throughout extended customer supply channels.
- Safety and Environmental Programs – ensures that all governmental, local and corporate programs are implemented and adhered to. Ensure that programs are in place to continuously reduce TRIR and Dart rates.
- Social Compliance – ensures that all governmental, local, customer and corporate programs are implemented and adhered to.
- Facilities Management - charged with ensuring that the day-to-day maintenance, upgrades, and management of the facility is maintained across all the physical infrastructure of the business.
- Develops capital, expense, inventory and cost reduction budgets with implementation plans, including reporting and tracking progress to plan.
- The position will also have a strong matrix responsibility by leveraging the functions above to support the business unit's cross functional teams such as Sales, HR, IT, R&D, Finance and Customer Service.
- Maintains effective communications with Engineering, Sales and Marketing, Human Resources, Operations and Finance functions.
- Collaborate with the corporate Supply Chain function to identify and implement synergistic opportunities.
- Provide timely and accurate information to Sales and Sales Operations, identify issues and communicate the challenge with solution
- Ability to work with cross functional teams on minimizing customer compliance through proper documentation, customer friendly correspondence, and time sensitive execution
- Conducts all business activities in a manner consistent with the guiding principles and business practices contained in the Ethics code.
- Other duties as assigned.
Operating Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong business acumen
- Expert program management skills
- Expert knowledge of manufacturing operations and systems is required.
- Expert knowledge in other support areas such as demand and supply planning, inventory planning, manufacturing engineering, purchasing, global 3PL warehousing, logistics/transportation and maintenance.
- Leads technical problem solving teams aimed at improving a process or product.
- Leads process layout efforts aimed at improving end to end Manufacturing and Supply Chain management – Six Sigma, Lean and Kaizen
- Demonstrates ability to manage a rapidly changing environment with professionalism and discretion.
- Applies quality tools and statistical analysis for increasing quality performance.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge and application of computer software systems to effectively communicate Operations and Supply Chain data to drive business goals and objectives.
- Effectively manages production operations using Management Information Systems and proactively applies to improvement strategies.
Education and Experience
- Four-year college/university degree required, preferably in manufacturing or engineering.
- Master's degree in Business (or Operations) preferred
- A working knowledge of ISO 13485:2016 Quality Management System, Canadian SOR 98-282 Medical Device Regulation, and US FDA 21 CFR Part 820 Quality System Regulation.
- Durable & Electro-Mechanical Goods experience in a regulated environment such as medical devices. Experience in another regulated industry such as OTC, Pharma, or Supplements will also be considered
- Demonstrated P&L management experience.
- Experience working in a matrix, cross-functional, highly collaborative and fast-paced environment is required.
- Change management, sales and customer facing experience is preferred.
- Fast Paced & High Growth environment experience preferred.
- Minimum 20 years of experience is required in production or manufacturing engineering, including leadership/management experience.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in a high-volume, high-mix, multi-process consumer appliance manufacturing environment, both domestically and internationally, is required.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working with all key functional areas (finance, marketing, engineering and sales) and retail channels/customers.
- 15 years of experience managing contract manufacturers in U.S. and Asia
- 15 years of experience in implementing world-class manufacturing technologies is required.
- Extensive experience with new product development.
- Experience with facilities management required.
Other Qualifications & Physical Requirements
- Strong leadership, strategic planning and implementation skills with a thorough knowledge of and extensive experience with all aspects of an operations environment.
- Strong negotiating skills, to include legal contracts, pricing and business relationships.
- Must possess excellent presentation, oral and written skills and outstanding interpersonal and listening abilities.
- Heavy traveling both domestically and internationally. (Approximately 40% - 50% travel will be required.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the General Manager of Water Pik, Inc. and is a member of Leadership team
Supervisory Duties: Responsible for leadership of WPI Operations, Outsourcing, Purchasing, Logistics and Manufacturing.
Salary and Benefits
Water Pik, Inc., a partner company of Church & Dwight Company, Inc., offers an extensive Total Reward package for this position, including:
Estimated pay: $170,100 - $199,900 Annual Salary.
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance / Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending / Health Savings Account / Commuter Reimbursement Account
Vacation / Holiday / Sick Time / Pandemic Leave / Short and Long Term Disability / Life & AD&D / Spouse/Child Optional Life / Supplemental Life & AD&D / Family and Medical Leave / Bereavement
Adoption Assistance / Tuition Reimbursement / Employee Assistance Program / Identity Theft Protection / Critical Illness Insurance
Savings and Profit Sharing Plan / 401(k) Match / Employee Stock Purchase Plan
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More