Sr. Toxicologist - Environmental & Human Safety
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Responsible for identifying and resolving human and environmental safety issues for a diverse product portfolio worldwide. The individual will be responsible for developing programs to ensure human and environmental safety of new ingredients and formulations during various stages of product development, regulatory submissions, market introduction and post-market surveillance.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities (Describe the 5-7 major accountabilities)
- Responsible for the safety of all raw materials and finished products assessments for cosmetic, OTC and personal care products
- Identify safety issues, and design and propose safety programs
- Prepare safety assessments for consumer tests, regulatory submissions, and market introduction of new products.
- Collaborate with regulatory, quality, and with teams in Europe, North America, and around the globe to provide safety-related activities
- Use published guidance documents to support safety and risk assessments to meet regulatory requirements of U.S., Canadian and European regulations such as U.S. FDA & EPA, Health Canada, ECHA/REACH, OECD & ICH.
- Provide safety and clinical substantiation dossiers for claim substantiations
- Design safety and clinical tests for new ingredients and products at outside contract laboratories and academic sites.
- Review, interpret and communicate clinical safety and in vitro test results to key customers.
- Develop and review safety related statements on cosmetic and monographed product package labels.
- Assist Product Development teams across the globe in biological effects of ingredients and formulation technologies.
- Participate on external scientific committees, and monitor and communicate external safety related activities that may impact the company business.
- Working knowledge of product stewardship/sustainability, environmental risk assessment and in vitro toxicology is a plus.
Education and Experience
PhD in toxicology, pharmacology or closely related field from an accredited institution with a minimum of three years of industry experience or Masters degree from an accredited institution with at least 5 years of experience in toxicology/product safety assurance.
Skills and Competencies
Excellent oral and written communication and problem-solving skills, flexibility and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, strong collaboration and teamwork skills.
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More