A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Provides leadership to all plant teams establishing adherence to company quality standards and expectations and ensuring that finish products meet these standards prior to be placed in inventory. Ensures Quality Chemists and Technicians complete required quality checks and tests. Interprets data, and brings attention to the plant personnel these defects to establish a Root Cause and Corrective Action.
- Manage and develop Quality Laboratory personnel. Hire new Chemists and administer discipline, as needed to the chemists. Ensure the Chemists are given goals in the first Quarter of each year. Review the progress of these goals with each Chemist. Complete mid-year and end-of year reviews for each Chemist.
- Assign daily and long-term job functions/projects to each Chemist (in addition to regular job duties).
- Oversee the Agile specification review and ensure timely approvals.
- Review and Approve the ordering of lab supplies and services.
- Review monthly budget for lab supply spending.
- Knowledgeable about all Quality Laboratory Test Methods, processes and procedures.
- Create, review and/or update, or assign the Chemists to create/review/update SOPs, WIs, OPLs, and other formal Quality Laboratory documents. Ensure Quality Chemists are properly trained and up-to-date on all documents.
- Ensure the Chemists are trained and up-to-date on all Lab Test Methods and lab functions.
- Communicate packaging defects to Shift Manager, LMT’s and Operators and ensures that follow-ups to corrective actions are completed. This may entail initiating an internal investigation/CAPA.
- Compile data for weekly, monthly, and KPI reports for the plant Management team.
- Assist the plant Quality Engineer with data gathering and statistical & capability analyses, when needed. This data will be shared with Plant Management, Corporate R&D, Corporate Quality and Sister Plants, as needed. The outcome of the analyses will provide recommendations for specification, formulation and / or process revisions.
- Conduct Gage R&R studies concerning lab test methods.
- Review product trials documents (PTRs) with Corporate R&D and plant personnel prior to the execution of the PTR. Coordinates (PTRs) for new products or changes to existing products (i.e., batch recipes, corrugate, bottles, etc.). Gather data from the PTR and share the data with the appropriate parties.
- Aid Quality Technician with raw material defect communication to the vendors, when needed. Provide alignment with the vendors of the expectations of the raw material quality through the communication of specifications or through the need for proper Form, Fit, and Function.
- Insures new products meet product release requirements.
- Work with all HV Plant Departments to ensure that all finished goods are dispositioned and / or reworked in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all quarantined or non-conforming product that has been “rejected” does not leave this facility.
- Ensure the Quality Chemists adhere to safe handling of chemicals and maintains proper PPE.
- Sets a positive example for peers and other team members.
- Serve as back-up to the Quality Manager, as needed.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Good to excellent computer skills, preferably in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time, under pressure while producing results.
- Competent understanding and utilization of chemical and lab practices, wet chemistry procedures and knowledge of HPLC and UV instrumentation.
- Consumer product experience a plus.
- 2-3 years of Six Sigma Black Belt experience desirable.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and minimum of two years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More