Scientist - Metabolonics
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Job Title: Scientist - Metabolomics
Job Grade: SG25
Department: SPD – Animal Nutrition
Reports To: Research Manager, Microbial Ecology and Genetics
Responsible for developing and optimizing analytical methods for the characterization and quantification of secondary metabolites of probiotic bacteria and metabolites in the gastrointestinal tract. This position will play a key role in coordinating analytical requirements between multiple R&D teams. designing and executing experiments to characterize bacterial and host metabolites using various analytical techniques. Analyze and interpret data and make recommendations to support existing products or develop new products. Communicate results through progress reports, customer reports, abstracts and manuscripts. Present results at customer meetings and scientific conferences.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Proficient at operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting HPLC and UHPLC systems.
• Develop and optimize analytical methods for the characterization and quantification of metabolites.
• Design and execute experiments to deliver metabolomics data.
• Analyze data from metabolomics experiments and interpret results.
• Assist R&D teams in experimental design, data acquisition, processing, and analysis.
• Interprets data and makes recommendations for support of existing products or product development.
• Write progress reports, patents and manuscripts.
• Presents research results at scientific conferences
• Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
• Adhere to and follow established procedures and policies for working in the laboratory designated for the development of regulated products. Assist in maintaining laboratory compliance including SOP development and equipment maintenance.
• Promotes and contributes to a cohesive team environment and maintains a positive attitude.
Education and Experience
• MS degree in Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field or a BS degree with a minimum of ten years of relevant experience.
Skills and Competencies
• Proficient at standard microbiology aseptic techniques and procedures
• Prior experience with Shimadzu HPLC and UHPLC preferred.
• Familiar with metabolomics pipeline including sample preparation, functioning of analytical equipment and analysis with commercial software tools.
• Strong knowledge of bacterial secondary metabolites or gut metabolites.
• Advanced knowledge of computers and commercial programs for metabolite data analysis.
• Concise and effective verbal and written communication skills to colleagues and customers.
• Ability to manage large workloads at times and to adapt to reprioritization as necessary in a rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects without manager oversight.
• Demonstrated organizational, work planning, and problem-solving skills.
• CHD Core Competencies of Action Oriented, Dealing with Ambiguity, Decision Quality, Demonstration of Functional/Technical Skills, Integrity and Trust and Priority Setting
• Code of Conduct
• Sexual Harassment Avoidance
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More