Sustaining Engineer (Mechanical)
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Position will be responsible for product life cycle support. Activities include making design changes to our Consumer Oral Health products, managing supplier communications, and managing testing activities to support manufacturing needs, quality improvement, product line extensions and regulatory requirements.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- At times will lead cross-functional teams of Engineering, Operations and Quality personnel.
- Responsible for managing workstreams related to test and design projects, and collaborating with internal and external Engineering support teams.
- Conducts evaluations, analyzes data, writes reports, documents solutions, and effectively communicates technical data to non-technical stakeholders.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities for reducing cost, and for improving product performance, quality, and manufacturability.
- Uses creativity to resolve complex issues.
- Responsible for making Engineering design changes using 3D CAD software, and for releasing the design changes to Manufacturing.
- Responsible for evaluating alternate parts and materials for form, fit, function, quality and compliance.
- Responsible for evaluating First Part Inspection Reports and managing qualification test projects.
- Responsible for executing job activities in compliance with the company Quality System.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3-5 years of hands-on mechanical engineering design/manufacturing.
- Experience with SolidWorks.
- Experience with injection molded plastic parts/manufacturing.
- Problem solving skills and project planning skills
- Experience with designing consumer products or medical devices.
- Knowledge of power supplies, DC motors, printed circuit boards, integrated circuits, batteries, software and other electronic components.
- Experience with the product development process and Asia manufacturing.
- Experience with PLM software.
Reports directly to the Head of Global New Products Engineering
This is an “in-office” position, with the expectation of being on-site in our Fort Collins facility on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday each week.
Occasional international travel to support projects.
No supervisory duties but will manage workstreams involving internal and external Engineering resources including CAD designers, lab technicians, model makers and China-based engineering support teams.
Salary and Benefits
Water Pik, Inc., a partner company of Church & Dwight Company, Inc., offers an extensive Total Reward package for this position, including:
Estimated pay: $69,000 - $90,400 Annual Salary.
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance / Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending / Health Savings Account / Commuter Reimbursement Account
Vacation / Holiday / Sick Time / Pandemic Leave / Short and Long Term Disability / Life & AD&D / Spouse/Child Optional Life / Supplemental Life & AD&D / Family and Medical Leave / Bereavement
Adoption Assistance / Tuition Reimbursement / Employee Assistance Program / Identity Theft Protection / Critical Illness Insurance
Savings and Profit Sharing Plan / 401(k) Match / Employee Stock Purchase Plan
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More