Director, Revenue Growth and Category Management
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Church and Dwight is writing an exciting next chapter in their Canadian history-we will grow sales and profit the fastest in our industry space powered by talented people and leading brands. We have a strong foundation to build on-we are one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods companies that has outpaced the Standard & Poor's by more than three times over the last 10 years. We have a small company feel and we have an environment of rolling up our sleeves to get things done. We believe in team first and relationships matter here-we work together to share ideas and contribute towards our collective goals. With our intentionally lean structure, every employee can make a meaningful impact on the business. We need you to bring your determination, your team spirit and your courage to enable Church and Dwight to deliver breakthrough results for 2020 and beyond.
Church & Dwight Canada is a Consumer Packaged Goods company with over 30 leading brands in the Personal Care, OTC and Household categories. Its’ signature brand is the Arm & Hammer family of products that include baking soda, laundry detergent, dental care and cat litter. Other well-known and successful Church & Dwight brands include First Response, Trojan, Rub A535, Gravol, Orajel, Nair, Vitafusion, L’il Critters and OxiClean. The company recently bolstered its brand roster with the acquisitions of Anusol, Waterpik, Batiste Dry Shampoo, Toppik Hair Building Fibers, Viviscal, RepHresh, Replens and Flawless.
Position: Director, Revenue Growth and Category Management
Reports to: Head of Commercial Operations
The Director, Revenue Growth and Category Management will lead the development of team vision, strategies and goals for both Revenue Growth and Category Management. These two functional areas work hand in hand to bring together strategy, consumer insight, analytics and driving growth profitably for Church and Dwight. Both functions are working to raise the bar on these work areas, define the path forward, secure stakeholder buy in and the organizational resources required to support the work for the future. This role will be responsible to lead and drive action behind the commercial revenue growth levers-trade fund strategy, product mix, customer mix, portfolio mix, pricing and promo optimization. This role will also oversee and secure stakeholder support for the category management, consumer insights and analytics vision and strategies. This role requires pioneering work in the area of analytics-defining the vision, securing resources to support the work, identifying educational requirements for the organization and securing stakeholder buy in. This role will support the development of a best practice approach across the Church and Dwight portfolio to deliver against established objectives. This role requires close collaboration with other functions-sales, customer strategic planning, marketing and finance. This role has two direct reports.
The Director, Revenue Growth and Category Management will be responsible for:
Design and deploy Strategy and Resources required to support Revenue Growth and Category Management and Analytics
- Engage with key internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities
- Design and deploy vision and strategies to deliver against established objectives
- Define the resources and organizational education that are required to deliver against this strategy
- Lead development, deployment and utilization of advanced analytic capabilities, including Nielsen, Customer Loyalty programs and other 3rd Party Sales tools
- Delivery of corporate analytics strategy and resources required to support is a key deliverable
Define role that Revenue Growth pillars will play in short and long term and systems required to support
- Identify opportunities for promotional optimization, lead analysis and support deployment and sell in of promotional optimization work with the sales teams.
- Identify opportunities and what needs to be true to drive improved product mix. Lead analysis and support execution and engagement of product mix plans to the sales teams.
- Lead the organization on establishing retail pricing strategy development and the cost structure and customer margin required to support the strategy and deliver against short and long term sales and profit objectives
- Lead processes to streamline improving ROI investments to deliver revenue growth, driving action behind product, customer and pack mix changes and execution and tracking on price increases for C&D and competition
Trade Funding investment
- In partnership with the Customer Strategic Planning group, develop and execute the trade fund investment at a brand level to deliver sales and profit objectives
- Strategies must be developed in connection with brand positioning, category strategy and financial targets (volume and profit).
- Design the target trade fund investment strategy for each brand in the short and long term.
- Proactively identify risks and opportunities with trade rates and work with sales and sales strategy to resolve
- Lead critical thinking and analysis on major customer trade funding negotiations
- Key contributor with sales and finance to designing improvements on all elements of the trade funding process-from design to deployment to spending to deduction and audit management
External Landscape Focus
- Be at the forefront on broader trends on the retailer landscape, competition and consumer macrotrends and shopping insights
- Connect upstream planning and gap closing plans to these external forces
- Establish a competitive centre of excellence for the organization to leverage with processes in place to support
- Key contributor to sales, marketing and finance planning
- Enable earlier engagement on upstream planning for revenue growth and category management
- Leads annual national revenue growth planning for the brand including assessing what’s working/not working with current strategies, developing and deploying new and revised sales strategies
- Key contributor to customer Joint Business Planning and major trade fund negotiations working to enable the organization to have the right resources, ROI and sell in to support objectives
- Identify opportunities to strengthen our corporate planning process. Lead, design and deploy new planning processes and tools.
Multifunctional collaborator between sales, marketing and finance and the NA and International organizations and provide coaching for direct reports
- Provide ongoing coaching and feedback to direct reports and training required
- Drive collaboration between finance, sales and marketing to deliver the goals of the organization while ensuring opportunities and barriers from both functions are represented in planning
- Collaborate with the North American and International organization on opportunities
Support Category Management and Insights vision
- Help to advance category management and insights vision by ensuring there is clear definition and buy in on the vision and strategies
- Ensure that Church and Dwight is delivering against our objective to leverage data and consumer insights to our competitive advantage
- Aid in identifying opportunities to integrate new technologies and/or make decisions on where to phase older commercial data systems (e.g. Numerator consumer panel, Shelfogram, Springboard)
Develop Analytics Action Plan for Canada
- Oversee the development of the Analytics Action plan for Canada. This includes establishing vision and strategy as well as defining the link between the commercial needs and technical requirements.
- Define resources required to support, secure support from US/International IT team and identify and execute educational requirements for the Canadian organization.
Education & Experience:
- University Education (preference given to MBA / Bachelor of Commerce)
- 8+ years of experience in sales finance and financial planning/analysis including 4+ years of people management
- Consumer Packaged Goods experience preferred, but not required
- Superior analytic skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Expert in Microsoft Excel (super-user, Subject Matter Expert level)
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including experience working on teams and collaborating with others to drive to a solution to more senior stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to turn insights into action through data analysis
- Strong financial acumen
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others across functions
- Advanced analytical skills and strong critical thinking
- Self motivated team player
- Strong proficiency in Nielsen/Customer POS data
Church and Dwight Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free, inclusive and accessible work environment. Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodation in respect of a legally protected characteristic in accordance with applicable human rights legislation. If you require accommodation on this basis, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please inform our Human Resources department if you require an accommodation in completing this application for employment or for otherwise participating in the application process.
Canada is more than its hulking-mountain, craggy-coast good looks: it also cooks extraordinary meals, rocks cool culture and unfurls wild, moose-spotting road trips.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More