Warehouse Supervisor - Weekend Nights
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Warehouse Supervisor - Weekend Nights
Thursdays & Fridays 9:30pm - 6:00am
Saturdays & Sundays 5:30pm - 5:30am
Sign-on Bonus - $4,000
What we’re about:
- Innovation-We consistently generate new ideas, thinking outside the box while remaining strategically focused. We always think in terms of possibilities, not limitations.
- Collaboration-We rely on open and honest communication to develop productive working relationships within and across our business units and functions. The mutual respect we have for our colleagues enables us to challenge each other, leading to an even more cohesive team.
- Focus-We maintain a laser-like focus on our consumers. We will grow by leveraging consumer insights on all of our brands and will continue to be industry leaders.
- Entrepreneurialism-We pride ourselves on fostering this spirit where risk-taking and action is encouraged. We are extremely competitive externally, but not internally.
This highly visible position located at our York, PA Facility.
What you’ll do:
This position has overall responsibility for effectively managing the employee workforce in all facets of operations in a high volume distribution environment – including safety, quality and customer service. Oversees the scheduling and managing of all daily shift activities in the warehouse. The Warehouse Supervisor is the principle link between all levels of management for the daily operation under their area of responsibility.
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and awareness within their area of responsibility.
- Support and enforce all plant safety policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
- Responsible for all job-related training for their work team.
- Direct shift activities to meet scheduling and customer requirements.
- Coordinate staffing levels, materials, methods and metrics (measurements) to ensure an effective operation.
- Train employees in safety, quality, customer service, productivity and the overall business operations as required.
- Foster employee culture of learning organization.
- Initiate all employee relations functions as necessary such as coaching, discipline, etc.
- Accountable for accurate and timely recording of employee attendance and payroll.
- Maintain a smooth distribution operation by ensuring adherence to all operational methods, procedures, and processes.
- Maintain all housekeeping requirements.
- Identify and champion opportunities for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Promote fair and consistent adherence to all local and corporate policies and procedures.
- Communicate methods, changes, scheduling, etc. as appropriate and required cross-functionally throughout the organization.
- Foster and maintain good employee relations through all the appropriate methods of communications and positive employee relations practices.
- Manage all related technical systems, technologies, machines and equipment as required.
- Participation in employee process from the hiring stage through termination.
- May be required to support Distribution overtime outside of regularly assigned shift or on weekends as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communications skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media – verbal, written, etc.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment, calm under pressure and flexibility to direct work force and adapt to changing schedules as appropriate.
- Strong leadership abilities and skills as a team builder, coach and mentor.
- Strong computer skills (SAP, WMS and MS Office Suite).
- Basic knowledge of distribution operation, including equipment, materials, work flow, etc.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's Degree required. Bachelor's Degree in Logistics or Business preferred.
- 2-5 years previous supervisory experience in a high volume distribution environment preferred.
What we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary including annual bonus & Stock Incentive Program
- Comprehensive benefits package along with generous 401K
- Career ownership & development
- Diversity & Sustainability
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.5 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods companies and as a testament to our performance; the company was added to the S&P 500 in 2016. Church & Dwight is a leader in the Household Consumer Products and Personal Care industry, with such brands as ARM & HAMMER, Trojan, First Response, Nair, Spinbrush, Oxi Clean, Vitafusion, Orajel, Batiste and more.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More