Sr. Research Chemist
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Research Scientist will provide technical expertise; lead the development, qualification, and commercialization of new sexual health medical device products. Support the brand on product line extensions, improvements, maintenance, and cost savings initiatives.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities (Describe the 5-7 major accountabilities)
- Utilize Design Thinking principles to identify critical product requirements and technical approaches to product development. Demonstrate technical feasibility, and design optimization through rapid prototyping and consumer research. Execute development plans to meet project objectives and commitments.
- Serve as R&D Technical Project Lead (TPL), leading development across the R&D function being point person with cross functional partners on project planning and execution.
- Follow the Design Control process to create Design History Files and other relevant documentation to support new product launches and Regulatory submissions. Create, update, and maintain electronic product specifications.
- Design and execute experiments. Collect and analyze data with statistical tools. Report results, draw conclusions and make data-based recommendations to management.
- Conduct product research and development from concept to launch, transfer technologies to pilot plant and manufacturing sites, qualify/validate materials and processes. Provide technical support for (1) production start-ups and new product launches, (2) existing brand maintenance and improvements, and (3) manufacturing operations to maintain quality and integrity of existing products.
- Design and executive product testing to substantiate product claims. Coordinate the testing by internal service groups and/or external testing labs for data to support claims.
- Adhere to and follow established procedures and policies to meet medical device regulatory compliance.
Education and Experience
The successful candidate will have a B.S. degree from an accredited institution in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Materials-Polymer Science, Biochemistry or related disciplines, with 8+ years of experience, a M.S. with +5 years experience or, Ph.D. with 3+ years experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to lead technical aspects of projects independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects without manager oversight. Possess strong organizational, work planning, and problem-solving skills. Understand SBU business environment and make positively impactful decisions to project teams.
- Ability to manage large workload at times and to adapt to reprioritization as necessary in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment involving marketing, processing, packaging, analytical, regulatory, quality, safety, etc.
- Ability to supervise and mentor junior staff.
- Good oral and written skills
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More