Material Handling Supervisor
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The incumbent will supervise and coordinate the activities of the material handling team/department. This will be accomplished with the following activities:
• Review and analyze daily/weekly packaging plans, raw materials need, and warehousing capacity for finished product to efficiently direct material-handling activities.
• Collaborate the flow of raw materials and finished goods with other supervisors and managers.
• Establish employee assignments and work schedules in the most effective manner to meet packaging, raw material unloading and product-transloading requirements. Manage vacation schedules and other leaves that are requested by employees, ensuring adequate coverage for business needs.
• Coordinate cross-training activities between team members to facilitate improved coverage opportunities and agility amongst the team.
• Maintain appropriate data such as time/attendance, production records, production quality, equipment performance, etc. to trend and make recommendations for increased efficiency of assigned employees.
• Drive plant priorities of safety, quality, throughput and cost to all team members and utilize available work streams, i.e. maintenance work order system, purchasing/requisition process, budgetary controls, etc., to facilitate effective departmental functions.
• Implement and maintain plant and corporate lean manufacturing strategies.
• Maintain “open door” employee relations with the material handling team, actively identifying and resolving employee problems, complaints, or issues, consulting with appropriate management as needed.
• Interpret company policies to employees and enforce safety and quality regulations.
The Supervisor should have an associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college/technical school, combined with a minimum 3 years of material handling (or related field) and supervisory experience. A bachelor’s degree is preferred. Candidates without the above education must have at least 7 years’ experience in material handling or a related field, with at least 2 years of supervisory experience. It is desirable for the incumbent to have an extensive knowledge of raw materials, manufacturing processes, quality control, labor/production costs and techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and transport of goods.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More