A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
A Research Chemist demonstrates competence in the area of cosmetics and or medical devices. This professional has a good understanding of diagnostic products and feminine hygiene products, processes and technologies associated with these products.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Conducts bench-top formula development of feminine hygiene products under the general direction of the Manager.
- Conducts independent research related to immunoassay test systems under the general direction of the Manager
- Create, update, and maintain electronic product specifications. Assemble product history files, and relevant documentation to support launch of new products.
- Adhere to and follow established procedures and policies for working in the laboratory.
- Provides innovative technology and leadership in solving research problems.
- Experienced in developing experimental design, analyzing data and developing conclusions.
- Analyzes data, provides timely reports, and maintains complete and accurate records of experimental studies.
- Reviews scientific literature to maintain knowledge of new developments in feminine hygiene and immunoassay technology.
- Attends meetings and seminars to maintain and enhance knowledge of feminine hygiene and immunoassay technology.
Education and Experience
BS or MS degree from an accredited institution in chemistry, biochemistry, immunochemistry or related discipline with 5+ years of industrial experience or an entry level with a PhD in a related technical field.
Skills and Competencies
- Technical and Functional Knowledge
- Most involvement in project work includes direct technical work.
- Executes technical work in laboratory, pilot, or manufacturing plant.
- Self Management
- Plans and executes multiple small projects with limited supervision.
- Uses good judgment in priority calls with guidance from supervisor and meets the project objectives.
- Plans, designs, and interprets experiments independently with periodic supervisory plan review.
- Creativity and Innovation
- Demonstrates ability to innovate in test method development
- Innovative Problem Solving and Risk Management
- Analyzes results, draws conclusions, and recommends actions.
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More