Warehouse Manager - Canada
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Warehouse Manager is critical to the success of the overall warehouse operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating day to day activities on the warehouse production floor, including inbound receiving, shipping, inventory control, and communicating with the sales and supply chain teams on resolving on time deliver issues. He or she will balance and assign resources based on need within the warehouse and enforce company safety policies.
- Supervise, motivate and develop employees assigned to a variety of tasks specific to warehouse operations
- Develop the warehouse leadership team into leaders that can motivate their teams and create highly engaged teams
- Lead key productivity initiatives by collaborating with cross functional groups to improve labor productivity
- Utilize lean thinking disciplines to evaluate, revise, and implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Take a leadership role in driving safety culture, chair the health and safety function and enforce company safety programs and policies
- Establish objectives, plans, and schedules and ensure that resources are available for completion of established operational assignments
- Achieve daily productivity and resource efficiency goals by tracking specific metrics, including workflow and labor costs for warehouse teams
- Create a collaborative environment by seeking guidance from peers, supervisors or other warehouse operations when necessary to achieve common goals
- Promote clean, safe work areas by continuously checking for hazardous conditions
- Conduct capacity analysis on the warehouse and ensure sufficient capacity is available to execute the sales plan
- Work with 3rd party warehouses around process and operations to ensure that they execute as an extended function with in the C&D supply chain
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field preferred
- Experience leading change through application of Six Sigma or Lean processes in a warehouse environment
- 5-7 years of experience in a leadership role involving performance management in a warehouse environment
- 1-3 years of experience in safety and/or risk management
- Commitment to and prior success in continuously improving processes to reduce cost and cycle time while improving quality
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and warehouse management systems
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate willingness to take on greater responsibilities
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret reports, spreadsheets and policy / procedure documents
- Excellent organizational, team development and communication skills.
- Must be a detail-oriented, proactive driver of excellence
Church and Dwight Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free, inclusive and accessible work environment. Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodation in respect of a legally protected characteristic in accordance with applicable human rights legislation. If you require accommodation on this basis, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please inform our Human Resources department if you require an accommodation in completing this application for employment or for otherwise participating in the application process.
Canada is more than its hulking-mountain, craggy-coast good looks: it also cooks extraordinary meals, rocks cool culture and unfurls wild, moose-spotting road trips.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More