Human Resources Manager
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Human Resources professional position requiring demonstrated skills in all Human Resources areas. Responsible for organizational development, policies and programs covering employment, performance management, employee relations, recruiting and retention, and compliance with all applicable provincial/federal laws.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manage and execute against a broad base of HR programs and initiatives aligned with the business strategy
- Manage specialty area such as HRIS, Learning & Development or Relocation
- Ensure the smooth/effective delivery of HRIS, data administration, reports, compensation, and benefits programs
- Ensure effective implementation of major, ongoing Church & Dwight programs, including the annual performance management process
- Identify, propose, and implement HR best practices; leverage expertise and utilize resources to support and promote client group business objectives
- Provide problem evaluation/interpretation of policy for management and employees; advise/counsel employees and management with the objective of problem prevention and resolution
- Handle high-level HR issues and highly confidential assignments
- Assist business leaders with training, development, and succession planning issues; design and propose initiatives and programs to train and develop employees, increase productivity, improve morale, motivate employees, and create a positive employee relations climate
- Assist leaders in the performance management and development process
- Design, develop and implement compensation and human resource initiatives in support of business objectives and strategy; provide consultation to management on current compensation related issues and trends
- Act as the project leader for human resource management initiatives
Education and Experience
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in business, HR or related major is required. 7 - 10 years HR experience in all aspects of HR management, with emphasis on consulting, employee relations, and organizational development. Strong management skills to build and maintain excellence within the HR group
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated success in applying strong business acumen to HR issues and providing integrated HR support in a highly collaborative environment
- Hands-on with ability to create/implement programs that improve the overall effectiveness of the organization
- Also requires strong analytical abilities, problem resolution skills, along with customer service and team orientation skills
- Person must have excellent interpersonal skills, consulting skills and the proven ability to develop relationships and influence at all levels within the organization
- Requires the demonstrated ability to work through complex business issues and identify required HR interventions
- Effective team leadership, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills are essential
- Fluent in English and French
Church and Dwight Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free, inclusive and accessible work environment. Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodation in respect of a legally protected characteristic in accordance with applicable human rights legislation. If you require accommodation on this basis, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please inform our Human Resources department if you require an accommodation in completing this application for employment or for otherwise participating in the application process.
Canada is more than its hulking-mountain, craggy-coast good looks: it also cooks extraordinary meals, rocks cool culture and unfurls wild, moose-spotting road trips.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More