Senior Manager, Indirect Procurement
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
An experienced procurement professional who can lead the development and execution of a strategic vision and operational plan in areas of Information Technology and Telecom, Human Resources, Finance, Travel, Energy, and Real Estate Support to maximize business opportunities through effective category management and strategic sourcing process execution. The senior category manager will be responsible for managing their category portfolios which will contribute to an overall Procurement financial targets. In addition, Sr. Category Manager may manage and support other categories of spend as required (e.g. Professional Services)
- Develop Category Management vision, strategies and objectives to deliver against broader business objectives
- Specific Category responsibilities include all Information Technology and Telecom Services (IT Managed Services, Cloud Services, IT Infrastructure Management, Telecom Services, Software Services, Etc.)
- Human Resources (Recruitment Services, Temporary Labor Services, Benefits, HR Technology Suite, etc)
- Energy (Natural Gas, Electricity, Energy Consulting, Renewable Energy)
- Travel (air, ground, hotel, TMCs)
- Real Estate Support (lease administration)
- This position requires strong industry experience and category subject matter expertise in most category areas. Expertise should include knowledge of industry trends, prominent suppliers, industry procurement strategies and levers, etc.
- Single point of contact and who can manage all operations related to sourcing and procurement activities for the following categories:
- Information Technology and Telecom Services (IT Managed Services, Cloud Services, IT Infrastructure Management, Telecom Services, Software Services, Etc.)
- Human Resources
- Identify and execute strategic initiatives within the categories mentioned above to drive maximum cost savings and value creation for the organization
- Partner closely with key stakeholder teams to understand critical business needs and develop strategies to address
- Define and implement global sourcing and outsourcing strategies that consolidate and optimize both the supplier base and services, while securing the lowest Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and access to the highest levels of service and quality
- Develop specific category strategies for the assigned spend categories, including market research/benchmarks, milestones, savings targets, resource requirements, and implementation plans
- Lead and motivate cross-functional teams as required for projects
- Support the achievement of corporate supplier diversity goals
- Develop and implement a Supplier Relationship Management program to monitor performance of strategic suppliers and drive continuous improvement and innovation
- Manage and execute all steps of the strategic sourcing process including developing RFPs, negotiating with suppliers, conducting bid analysis, and making supplier recommendations
- Ensure contract execution by proactively engaging with business stakeholders, Legal, Finance, etc.
- Provide aggregate reporting on category performance and key metrics such as savings and supplier performance
- Monitor and research industry trends as well as “Best Practices” and adopt them as appropriate for assigned spend categories
- Manage and optimize functional sourcing support activities while ensuring adherence to stakeholders’ corporate standards
- Manage internal customer relationships through cross functional business engagement, and develop deep category knowledge in the assigned category areas
- Conduct supplier performance management initiatives and drive continuous improvement
- Leverage the use of our Digital Procurement Technology
- Excellent business partnering, communications skills, and strong process focus
- Ability to think and act strategically, coupled with analytical curiosity and collaborative style
- Strong industry experience and category subject matter expertise in above referenced categories. Expertise should include knowledge of industry trends, prominent suppliers, industry procurement strategies and levers, etc
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence senior leaders and their teams across the organization and on a global basis in a large fast growing and complex organization
- Proven program management skills with ability to manage multiple complex workstreams
- Providing thought leadership for the business and broader enterprise functions
- Previous experience leading teams within Procurement or across Business Functions
- Strong program management skills with ability to manage multiple complex workstreams
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills (i.e. excel modeling)
- High degree of motivation, the ability to prioritize and self-direct and sound interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills required
- Bachelors (required), MBA (preferred) CPIM, CSCP or CPSM certification (preferred)
- 7 to 10 yrs. relevant Procurement or Supply chain experience. Min. 3+ yrs. Category Management experience within IT Procurement/ Human Resources / Finance.
- Strong knowledge Excel, Access, Word; PowerPoint, Outlook, ERP/ P2P systems knowledge
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More