Senior Supply Chain Improvement Analyst
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Job Title: Senior Supply Chain Improvement Analyst
Department: Canadian Supply Chain
Reports To: SCM Operations Manager
The Senior SCM Operations analyst is responsible for leading process optimization and continuous improvement by supporting transportation operations, warehouse operations and customer fine reduction at C&D. Working as part of C&D Operations team, the position partners with various internal and external stakeholders to perform analysis that drive continuous improvement and reduce costs in the areas of transportation management, warehouse operations and fine mitigation by defining and leading improvement projects. I addition this role will play a backup role for day-to-day operations of transportation.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Logistics Operations Improvement
- Analyze historical flows of transportation to identify cost reduction ideas and root causes of service level failures
- Analyze customer requirement documents and historical customer compliance fines to identity root causes and drive changes to reduce/eliminate fines.
- Lead cross functional work with transportation providers, warehouse operations, third party warehouse, customer logistics, IT and customer planning and integration to implement ideas that reduce cost, improve service, and eliminate fines
- Carry out analysis of carrier rate bids and make recommendations to management on what carrier network changes to make to reduce costs and increase service
- Learn and understand the operational aspects of transportation operations to provide back up for vacation and absences
- Understand and analyze third party warehousing rate proposals and make recommendations regarding the providers.
- Identify process failures and work with logistics providers to eliminate root causes of service failures to reduce on time fines.
- Become the keeper of the metrics and work cross functionally to install a metric driven culture based on Safety, Quality, Delivery, and cost (SQDC)
- Utilize large data sets to analyze and work closely with Senior Managers, Managers and Supervisors, as well as Customer Logistics to recommend and implement process improvements within Operations.
- Influence Operations Management for fast and accurate decision-making on various aspects of the process such as capacity, productivity, process automation, and customer logistics to ensure rapid deployment of process improvements
- Analyze complex data sets and operational parameters to identify process gaps and drive cross functional alignment on changes required to improve.
Lean Sigma champion:
- Implement improvement projects using lean techniques such as Kaizen, PDCA, value stream mapping
- Use six sigma techniques such as DMAIC to identify true root causes across the end-to-end supply chain
- Own the deployment process and influence the various teams to drive a PDCA mind set
- Provide advanced Subject Matter Expertise (SME) on Lean management practices for stakeholders in Operations, Frontline Operators and Supervisors, Management, and project team.
- Provide coaching, training, and support to ensure that Lean and Six Sigma tools and methods are used effectively.
Education and Experience
- 5 – 7 years business experience logistics or Supply Chain
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or supply chain
- An understanding of SAP, TMS and WMS systems
- Solid knowledge and background in supply chain operations including warehouse, transportation, and manufacturing operations
- Deep knowledge of the North America transportation and 3rd party market
- Experience in retail logistics and consumer packaged goods is preferred.
- Knowledge of in lean/six sigma…. certification on one or both disciplines preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in analysis of large data sets
Skills and Competencies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and database technology.
- Must possess analytical skills.
- Must be organized, proactive, and able to multi-task.
- Must possess good communication and influence skills since the role requires interaction with various functional areas.
- Must be able to effectively manage detail as well as the big picture
- Ability to present to senior management and work on the shop floor.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Church and Dwight Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free, inclusive and accessible work environment. Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodation in respect of a legally protected characteristic in accordance with applicable human rights legislation. If you require accommodation on this basis, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please inform our Human Resources department if you require an accommodation in completing this application for employment or for otherwise participating in the application process.
Canada is more than its hulking-mountain, craggy-coast good looks: it also cooks extraordinary meals, rocks cool culture and unfurls wild, moose-spotting road trips.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More