Line Mechanic C - 7th Shift
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
- Must have ability to change over, maintain, and repair packaging machinery and related equipment in the required timeframe.
- Alert management in a timely manner of any mechanical issues that could possibly shutdown, and/or effect efficiencies on packaging lines. Maintain daily logs of the line.
- In conjunction with Production Supervisor and Line Resource Operator, train and develop Operators, Line Technicians, and Line Leaders on operating packaging equipment.
- Must be able to run effectively at a minimum without retraining, at least 2 types of lines from the following; Dental, AP/DEO, Nair, Household, Display, and Aerosol.
- Continuous and ongoing training of all lines will be required throughout the year and will be measured every 6 months utilizing the 3-Step training assessment.
- Perform routine and scheduled preventative maintenance on equipment, troubleshoot equipment breakdowns and identify persistent problems to ensure maximum operation and minimal downtime.
- Perform scheduled set-ups and changeovers.
- Perform repair/replacement of equipment on production lines with appropriate follow-up documentation and work order requests through SAP.
- Determine the root cause of equipment failure and execute actions to prevent future occurrence.
- Ensure packaging line equipment is running efficiently.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Adhere to department’s GMP’s, JSA’s and SOP’s
- Wear appropriate PPE.( Ear protection, Hairnets, Beard nets and eye protection, Steal Toe Shoes)
- Adhere to all safety procedures.
- Participates in all job-related safety training and personally complies with all safety policies and procedures.
- Will receive general orientation, job specific, and refresher training relative to the hazardous chemicals they may handle in the course of performing their jobs.
- Will comply with all NJ laws and company policies/procedures while sampling, unloading, pre-weighing, transferring, and/or handling, hazardous chemicals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This job requires a physical as part of the pre-employment process
Education and Experience:
The preferred candidate will have a HS diploma or equivalent along with relevant vocational/technical school certifications. Candidate must have at least 2 years technical technology degree and/or experience as a packaging line mechanic in a food, cosmetic or pharmaceutical manufacturing facility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Full knowledge of hand tools required.
- Strong electro mechanical trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to train and develop operators, Line Technicians and Line Leaders in the operation of packaging equipment and to assist in line set-up, changeovers & PM’s.
- Must possess attention to detail and thoroughness in completing tasks and maintaining workstation.
- Computer literate including MSWord/Excel
- Must possess working knowledge of FDA and GMP regulation. Experience in Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and 5S practices is a plus.
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Control (PLC), Electrical & Sensor Technology (types of installations, trouble shooting, diagnosis and operation)
- Knowledge of hydraulic & pneumatics.
- Knowledge of Machine Shop skills.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More