Machine Operator-2nd shift
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Operates as a fully participating and effective team member of a production line within the scope of the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) required of this position. Monitors the performance and work flow of the production line in one or more functions in the following areas: safety, housekeeping, productivity, quality, profitability, and customer satisfaction.
- Operates at least one major piece of equipment on any of the packaging lines.
- Conducts minor Preventive Maintenance’s (lubrication, cleaning, inspections, and adjustments).
- Assist Mechanics/Line Technicians with preforming Plan Maintenance.
- Perform all the daily basic safety checks and observations, quality checks, checklists, and housekeeping.
- Clear equipment jams.
- Ensure compliance to the recycling process of empty component boxes.
- Utilizes computer interface panels to operate the equipment.
- Maintain equipment and perform full change overs, washouts, and sanitizations.
- Adheres to the requirements of the SOP’s and GMP’s.
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment and adheres to all safety procedures as documented in the Job Safety Analysis (JSA).
- Report safety hazards, quality, and production issues to supervision immediately.
- Participates in all job-related safety, quality, and equipment training.
- Complies with all Church & Dwight Co. Inc. policies and procedures and NJ laws.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Train other operators as may be required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to communicate, write and read English
- Teamwork -Ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Ability to take and follow directions
- Basic math skills
- Attention to details
- Basic computer skills
- Maintain good safety record
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred but not required.
This job requires a physical as part of the pre-employment process
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More