Senior Cost Accountant
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Support the entire CHD Cost Accounting System SAP ECC-driven business processes (Standard costs, Month-end closing, Quarterly PPR, Annual Plan) for the Supply Chain network.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assist in the month-end close accounting, reporting and analyses for all CHD Plant SAP ECC closings for the Supply Chain network involving SAP journalization, reserves analyses, and compliance with SOX accounting guidelines.
- Partner with Procurement on PPV analysis including issuing weekly PPV reports.
- Work closely with the plant controllers, IT, Planning, and Controller’s department in providing support and guidance on HQ cost accounting submission schedules for Quarterly PPR’s and Annual Plan.
- Provide master data and standard cost support to all plant and contract manufacturing accounting staff.
- Prepare consolidated month end plant closing report summarizations along with PPR and Annual Plan comparative commentary and analyses.
- Monthly and Quarterly Balance Sheet reconciliations involving Obsolescence reserves, Rebates, PPV, Production Variances, Soda Ash price, Chep Pallets, etc.
- Perform Annual Overhead in Inventory analysis
Education and Experience
- BS in Accounting/Finance from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in cost accounting / financial accounting analysis role, preferably in a multi-product, multi-plant, multi-warehouse environment.
- Corporate and or Divisional HQ Operations Finance experience preferred.
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More