Operations Supervisor - 2nd Shift
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Job Profile SummaryMajor Responsibilities:
Process Department Supervision
• Direct and schedule the daily activities of the Processing Department in compliance with GMP and established policies and procedures.
• Train and develop employees to perform process procedures.
• Identify and resolve in-process deviations and product non-conformance.
• Conduct investigations on all incidents and/or deviations to identify the cause. Ensure appropriate corrective and preventative action is taken.
• Effectively communicate and enforce company’s performance standards.
• Keep historical data.
• Analyze and monitor key efficiencies and parameters against design to troubleshoot and meet production goals and costs.
• Maintain accurate and complete documentation of all duties for self and shift
• Maintain a clean work environment utilizing lean methods, including 5s.
• Perform other duties as assigned. Maintain Department Safety
• Provide Safety Training to employees in the Processing Department.
• Establish and maintain Job Safety Analysis (JSA) program within the Departments.
• Ensure compliance of all plant safety rules and regulations to prevent personal injuries and/or property damage.
• Administer and promote Safety, health and Environmental programs to eliminate losses due to personal injuries and/or property damage.
• Responsible for providing their work team all job related safety training, and for ensuring team compliance with all safety policies and procedures. Personally complies with all safety policies and procedures.
• Ensures that all subordinates receive a general orientation, initial training, job specific training and refresher training relative to the hazardous chemicals they may handle in the course of performing their jobs.
• Responsible for the oversight of employees who are involved in the sampling, unloading, pre-weigh, transfer, and handling, of hazardous chemicals. In general, has responsibility for the prudent management of New Jersey hazardous chemicals.
Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Experience with SAP and WMS a plus.
Lean manufacturing and Sigma Six training, a plus.
Education and Relevant Skills:
Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years of experience in a consumer products manufacturing environment, with 2 years of direct supervisory experience.
Strong detailed knowledge of SOPs and GMPs.
Highly energetic, people oriented individual with the ability to motivate employees.
Good organizational skills with the ability to promote and adapt to change as well as challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks.
Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills required as well as the ability to communicate across functional lines.
The ability to operate independently, analyze information and make quality decisions under pressure.
Must be flexible to work occasional weekends.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More