A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.Job Profile SummaryGeneral Summary: The Production Planner will be responsible for scheduling production lines against corporate demand for finished goods. Duties will include procuring raw materials for finished goods, maintaining inventory targets, communicating schedule changes/confirmations, and meeting weekly SKU attainment. The planner will manage the flow of raw materials from the supplier down to the finished goods.
• Review weekly production plan from Corporate Supply Chain Planning
• Align production schedules based on formulations and minimal changeover times in order to maintain production efficiency.
• Deliver crewing updates needed to run production lines
• Place purchase orders and assign raw material delivery dates based on MRP
• Review confirmations with vendors on component availabilities and delivery dates via SAP, Supply Network Collaboration (SNC), or e-mail
• Revise production schedules, where needed, based on component availability
• Communicate schedule changes to meet customer demand
• Issue Material Short reports for components unavailable at time of confirmed production
• Run daily “Hot Items” reports to identify materials going negative in MRP
• Analyze inventory targets of raw materials
• Supply weekly demand forecast to vendors via SAP
• Provide weekly attainment reports and summaries
• Run daily open purchase order reports and follow-up with vendors on outstanding deliveries
• Address all SAP MRP exceptions
• Issue Requests for Inventory Disposition (RID’s) based on disposal approvals
• Review and confirm new/changed components in PLM
• Create production Bills of Material and Production Versions in SAP
• Process SAP workflow IDOCS
• Coordinate production line time for Plant Trials (PTR’s)
• Attend Brand Team Meetings
Non-essential Functions:Other Related Duties:
• Maintain a clean work environment
• Adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and demonstrate an understanding of the impact Food & Drug Administration (FDA) Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) have on our production processes.
• Participates in all job related safety training and personally complies with all safety policies and procedures
• Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• SAP, Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook), Sterling, Warehouse Management System (WMS), PLM, and CLICK applications
• Possesses a demeanor and attitude that builds positive relationships at all levels of the organization
• Actively participates and is highly efficient when working as a member of a team or as an individual contributor
• Strong degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to provide and sustain a strong level of customer service to the organization
• Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment
Education and Work Experience Required:
Bachelors degree in Business Administration or related field (AA degrees accepted) with 2-3 years of Production Planning,
Supply Chain experience in a consumer products manufacturing environment.
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
On November 4, the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) issued an order (the ETS) requiring, among other things, companies such as Church & Dwight with 100+ employees to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 and/or that unvaccinated employees undergo testing for COVID-19 at least once per week. In compliance with the ETS, Church & Dwight implemented a mandate to comply with the ETS applicable to all employees who are not fully remote*. Beginning February 9, 2022, as a term and condition of employment, all employees who are not fully remote will be required to be fully vaccinated or test weekly unless granted an exemption as a workplace accommodation. For additional information, please contact TAQuestions@churchdwight.com.
*Applicable for U.S. Plants, Waukesha, Regional Sales, and Waterpik
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More