Controller Materials Manager
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
General Summary: This is a dual management position with responsibility for plant cost accounting, budget planning and reporting, as well as oversight of materials purchasing, production scheduling, warehousing and inventory control functions. The position serves as a liaison from the plant to corporate Finance, Supply Chain, Engineering, R&D and Plant Production groups among others.
• Responsible for providing to their work team all job related Safety training, and for ensuring team compliance with all safety policies and procedures. Personally complies with all safety policies and procedures.
• Coordinate plant activities for quarterly/annual financial plan and PPR reporting.
• Prepare, monitor and report on department overhead budgets and plant labor budgets.
• Educate and assist department managers to track and monitor costs associated with the operation of the plant and to identify cost trends and implement corrective action when necessary.
• Supervise monthly financial closing of the general ledger system including preparation of the monthly financial highlight report.
• Calculate Return on Investment (ROI), in conjunction with Engineers for selected Plant projects. Review current and proposed capital expenditures (CERs).
• Ensure the integrity of the General Ledger system through establishment of accounting policies and procedures
• Oversee cost standard for products manufactured at the plant and work with corporate Finance in establishing cost standards for new products.
• Identify cost savings opportunities associated with Plant operations
• Plan, direct and coordinate activities of the production planners, the purchasing and warehouse staff
• Troubleshoot material availability, manage and monitor materials and supply inventories
• Evaluate products to comply with specification and quality standards and interact with sales, production, and R&D to determine present and future materials requirements.
• Manage spot yard and Humble Warehouse flow of raw materials to assure production lines run on schedule via line supply/return procedures
• Manage cycle counting program for raw materials and finished goods
• Develop and implement staff practices and procedures to ensure department functions efficiently and effectively and maintains a high level of on-time delivery
• Analyze, investigate and implement methods to improve efficiency and reduce inventory of raw materials and finished goods.
• Manage STO program to assure shipments go out as scheduled with correct items and quantities. Communicate status of production and shipments to corporate group on a daily basis so they can adjust their plans, as required, to meet customer demand.
• Ensure compliance with regulations associated with FDA, GMP, OSHA, etc. and maintain good housekeeping practices in all work departments
• Responsible for providing their work team with all job related safety training, and for ensuring team compliance with all safety policies and procedures. Personally complies with all safety policies and procedures.Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities:
• Cost Accounting and balance sheet analysis experience in a manufacturing environment
• Capital Planning experience
• Ability to build positive relations at all levels of the organization demonstrated by excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate clearly/concisely in multiple media, verbal and written, etc.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills demonstrated by the ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment
• Strong degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Demonstrates calm under pressure and is able to adapt /be flexible to changing schedules as appropriate
• Ability to provide and sustain a strong level of customer service to the organization
• Strong computer skills (SAP, WMS, and MS Office Suite)
• Basic knowledge of supply chain concepts such as MRP, cycle counts, and inventory control
• Knowledge of FDA and cGMP regulations a plus
• In depth knowledge of production operations, including equipment, materials, and work flow, etc.
Educations and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance. Masters degree preferred
• Must possess 8-10 years experience in consumer goods manufacturing. Will need to demonstrate hands-on knowledge of Supply Chain functions and possess at least 3-4 years of Finance or Supply Chain team supervision.
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
On November 4, the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) issued an order (the ETS) requiring, among other things, companies such as Church & Dwight with 100+ employees to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 and/or that unvaccinated employees undergo testing for COVID-19 at least once per week. In compliance with the ETS, Church & Dwight implemented a mandate to comply with the ETS applicable to all employees who are not fully remote*. Beginning February 9, 2022, as a term and condition of employment, all employees who are not fully remote will be required to be fully vaccinated or test weekly unless granted an exemption as a workplace accommodation. For additional information, please contact TAQuestions@churchdwight.com.
*Applicable for U.S. Plants, Waukesha, Regional Sales, and Waterpik
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More