Project Manager IT
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
IT Project Manager
The Project Manager is the single point of accountability for the delivery of one or more business information technology projects for our plant locations and subsidiaries. This includes the management of the day-to-day work activities of the project, ensuring the quality of the team’s work, managing project scope, issues, risk, resources (internal and external resources) and budget. This position also coordinates and manages the project’s integration with other IT initiatives. This position is dedicated to project management activities and is not responsible for functional management of an IT department or area.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manages the day-to-day work activities of project team members on low to moderately complex business information technology systems, including: structuring and estimating the project with the business sponsor and account manager, organizing the team, assigning and monitoring tasks, identifying and resolving project issues, identifying and mitigating project risks, managing scope and schedule changes, managing the project budget, and reporting status
- Sets direction and communicates a clear vision of the projects and motivates the project team to achieve them.
- Coordinates with IT departments to ensure that appropriate timing, resources, and sequencing of the work efforts are aligned to produce the desired result according to the project schedule
- Builds a strong relationship with the business owner and key stakeholders of the project, ensures that the project is aligned with customer expectations, and facilitates project decision making
- Creating a project environment that enables peak performance by team members: open disclosure of issues, alignment to project goals, coaching to clarify deliverables, escalation procedures, etc.
- Reviewing quality of work and managing integration of team members’ work
- Completes project close activities: analyzing & sharing lessons learned, completing project documentation, and analyzing estimate against actual hours
- Administer and utilize PM tools to ensure appropriate key project documentation is prepared throughout the project lifecycle (charter, design input/output form, financial templates, etc.)
- Applies appropriate IT processes and methods (e.g. SDLC) and application, technical, development, and architecture policies and standards in the completion of project work.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Engineering or equivalent work experience is required
- 5-7 years of Information Systems experience.
- Three or more years information systems project management experience
- Experience in managing medium to large information technology including vendor management preferred.
- Experience in using a formal Solutions Delivery Life Cycle/Methodology (Agile & Waterfall)
- Experience in using formal project management methods, techniques, and tools
- Project Management Institute (PMI), Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or other IT industry project management certification preferred
- Must have held project management positions (reflecting increasing levels of responsibility) in an IT organization of comparable size and have experience managing small, medium and large projects (full scope: budget, charters, project planning, communication plan, etc.).
- 5+ years consumer packaged goods industry experience preferred
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
On November 4, the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) issued an order (the ETS) requiring, among other things, companies such as Church & Dwight with 100+ employees to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 and/or that unvaccinated employees undergo testing for COVID-19 at least once per week. In compliance with the ETS, Church & Dwight implemented a mandate to comply with the ETS applicable to all employees who are not fully remote*. Beginning February 9, 2022, as a term and condition of employment, all employees who are not fully remote will be required to be fully vaccinated or test weekly. For additional information, please contact TAQuestions@churchdwight.com.
*Applicable for U.S. Plants, Waukesha, Regional Sales, and Waterpik
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More