MFG Packer, 3rd Shift , $ 17.00/hr , $ 2,000 Sign On Bonus, Vancouver , WA
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an entry level Manufacturing Packer at our Vancouver, WA plant! Our Manufacturing Packers perform a variety of manufacturing functions as outlined, typically rotating tasks every two hours.
This position is available on our 3rd shift which works Friday through Sunday and every other Thursday from 5:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
The base rate for this position is $16.00 per hour plus 3rd shift receives a $1.00 per hour shift differential.
Newly hired employees will receive our $2,000 sign on bonus in $1,000 increments after 6 months and 9 months completion of employment!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Wears proper GMP and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) attire for all tasks including: shoe covers, gowns, hair restraint(s), gloves, masks, sleeve covers, hearing protection, safety glasses, etc.
- Ensures proper clean room attire is worn in the clean room.
- Understands Lock Out/Tag Out procedures.
- Performs cleaning tasks as assigned by Packing Lead, Shift Lead, and/or Supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Sorter – Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspects and sorts for any flawed product by looking for deformities, discoloration, over- or under-sized product, etc.
- Empties waste crates as needed.
Bagger – Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates the Weigher located in the bagging station.
- Verifies proper set up of the scale as per product specifications.
Sealer – Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates bag sealer.
- Sets up sealer stamping system to read product number, Work Order (WO) number, and date.
Boxer – Duties and Responsibilities
- Fills and tapes boxes as per product specifications.
Palletizer – Duties and Responsibilities
- Palletizes bulk boxes onto pallets as per product specifications.
- Places labels on boxes.
- Places pallet tag on pallet when completed.
- Shrink-wraps pallets.
- Places completed pallets into trailers.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED and/or equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to sort, count, and verify product quantities.
- Ability to complete paperwork accurately.
- Ability to read and carry out oral and written instructions in English.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to detect problems or flawed products and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infraction control standards.
- Ability to perform work on-site in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust; wear appropriate personal protective equipment and clean room attire; and perform moderate physical activity, including standing and/or walking for more than four (4) and up to twelve (12) hours per shift and lifting/carrying items weighing 50 pounds.
- Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
On November 4, the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) issued an order (the ETS) requiring, among other things, companies such as Church & Dwight with 100+ employees to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 and/or that unvaccinated employees undergo testing for COVID-19 at least once per week. In compliance with the ETS, Church & Dwight implemented a mandate to comply with the ETS applicable to all employees who are not fully remote*. Beginning February 9, 2022, as a term and condition of employment, all employees who are not fully remote will be required to be fully vaccinated or test weekly unless granted an exemption as a workplace accommodation. For additional information, please contact TAQuestions@churchdwight.com.
*Applicable for U.S. Plants, Waukesha, Regional Sales, and Waterpik
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More