Head of U.S. Benefits
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Head of U.S. Benefits is responsible for building and leading U.S. benefits programs for Church & Dwight. Reporting to the Vice President, Total Rewards, this position will lead the Benefits function and be accountable for the leadership and oversight of employee benefits programs within the U.S. The successful candidate will be ready to design Church & Dwight’s health, welfare and retirement programs and lead the selection, negotiations, and management of effective business relationships with plan administrators, carriers, and other external providers. In addition, this role will also help build a global benefits inventory and strategy.
- Provide expertise on all benefits programs in the U.S., including health and welfare, retirement, and leave programs
- Design new and expanded approaches, and communicate effectively with internal stakeholders on core considerations to be evaluated
- Design and operationalize global benefit philosophies and frameworks that are suitably adapted and modified for local markets
- Design and operationalize program design incorporating a wide span of employee demographics
- Lead Church & Dwight’s benefits committees, chartered to govern health & welfare and retirement plans
- Oversee operational needs for benefits programs, and construct and maintain effective roles and processes via internal and external partners
- Manage 3 benefits team members, and provide matrix support to the askHR team
- Have outstanding internal relationships within Total Rewards, HR, Talent Acquisition, Legal, and Finance teams
- Maintain legally compliant programs and practices, in partnership with legal counsel
- Research market practices and trends to ensure benefit strategy is competitive and aligned with industry best practices
- Maintain analytics on core health and welfare and retirement programs
- Begin establishing a global governance structure, processes and approval matrices and partner with in-region HR and external vendors to design and administer benefit programs outside the United States
Sills & Competencies
- Analytical: data is your friend; you're able to translate numbers into action and pave the way for efficiency
- Results-driven: you enjoy grinding away at issues and brainstorming creative methods for problem-solving
- Interpersonal: you're intuitive, engaging, and outgoing; you're engaging and instantly connect with people
- Flexible: you thrive in autonomous environments with high growth and don't get overwhelmed easily
- Embrace Ambiguity: if there is not a clear path, you thrive and get excited from the path you can forge
- Self-starter but collaborator, independently motivated, leads oneself, works cross functionally, and embraces stakeholder management
- Professional: you have a high level of integrity and handle confidential information with tact
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Human Resource Administration or other related field is required
- Minimum of 10 years of increasing responsibility and experience in benefits
- CEBS or CBP certification is preferred
- Experience in managing self-insured benefits programs
- In-depth understanding of U.S. benefits and retirement regulations, including ACA, ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, and COBRA
- Experience designing and rolling out benefits programs outside of the U.S.
- Strong experience establishing and overseeing external third-party relationships
- Executive presence, strong supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to balance tactical and strategic responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to make business recommendations that are based on solid quantitative analysis
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented to lead and facilitate efforts to align the business vision and direction
- Ability to influence, drive process change, and meet key deliverables
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More