Head of Compensation
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Head of Global Compensation will be responsible for leading the compensation function at Church and Dwight, an organization with a global workforce of approximately 5,100 employees. Scope of this role includes management of the development, evaluation, & continuous improvement of existing and new (executive, salaried, and hourly) compensation programs, their administration, their compliance, and how employees engage with them. Reporting directly to the Vice President, Total Rewards, this person will have the opportunity to take the reins of our compensation programs and further accelerate them to ensure they support our efforts to attract, motivate, and retain top talent, building a great place to work.
- Understand the organizational structure, priorities, and financial models, to design and deliver a meaningful and impactful compensation experience that recognizes employee performance and motivates behavior
- Support the strategic direction as well as effectively plan and execute executive compensation programs
- Develop materials for the Compensation & Human Capital Committee
- Responsible for compensation related elements of the annual proxy statement; partnering closely with legal and finance
- Assess executive compensation trends and legislative changes; understand the impact to the organization and ensure we have sound governance practices to maintain compliance
- Liaise with HRBPs, business leaders, and finance partners to advise and influence compensation decisions, policies, and provide recommendations on new hire or salary adjustment decisions
- Manage the annual merit and bonus/incentive processes and make program design recommendations based on relevant market data as defined by company compensation philosophy
- Evaluate the current compensation processes, approaches and tools to ensure efficiencies, mitigate risk, and deliver results
- Ensure compensation programs are market competitive. Manage compensation surveys, conduct related analysis, research market competitive practices, recommend new programs or enhancements, benchmarking, look for opportunities to lead the market and ensure innovative recognition and reward strategies
- Formalize and conduct hourly employee annual compensation increases annual reviews, balancing market competitiveness, internal resources, and regulations
Skills and Competencies
- Analytical: data is your friend; you're able to translate numbers into action and pave the way for efficiency
- Results-driven: you enjoy grinding away at issues and brainstorming creative methods for problem-solving
- Interpersonal: you're intuitive, engaging, and outgoing; you're engaging and instantly connect with people
- Flexible: you thrive in autonomous environments with high growth and don't get overwhelmed easily
- Embrace Ambiguity: if there is not a clear path, you thrive and get excited from the path you can forge
- Self-starter but collaborator, independently motivated, leads oneself, works cross functionally, and embraces stakeholder management
- Professional: you have a high level of integrity and handle confidential information with tact
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Human Resource Administration or other related field is required
- A minimum of 10 years of increasing responsibility and experience in broad-based and/or executive compensation roles
- Formal certifications, such as Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) and compensation coursework is preferred
- Experience working for a global manufacturing company
- Strong technical, managerial, and team building skills with the ability to balance tactical and strategic responsibilities
- In depth knowledge and understanding of compensation design, administration, and engagement for both salaried and hourly employees
- Track record of designing and implementing successful and creative global compensation programs
- Ability to make business recommendations that are based on solid quantitative analysis
- Executive presence and strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented to lead and facilitate efforts to align the business vision and direction
- Ability to influence, drive process change, and meet key deliverables
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
On November 4, the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) issued an order (the ETS) requiring, among other things, companies such as Church & Dwight with 100+ employees to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 and/or that unvaccinated employees undergo testing for COVID-19 at least once per week. In compliance with the ETS, Church & Dwight implemented a mandate to comply with the ETS applicable to all employees who are not fully remote*. Beginning February 9, 2022, as a term and condition of employment, all employees who are not fully remote will be required to be fully vaccinated or test weekly. For additional information, please contact TAQuestions@churchdwight.com.
*Applicable for U.S. Plants, Waukesha, Regional Sales, and Waterpik
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More