Sr Manager, Trade Architecture
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Sr. Manager, Trade Architecture is responsible for building, developing and managing the Trade Architecture team. The Trade Architecture team applies analytics and systems to provide the strategic, financial and business guidance to deliver profitable revenue growth for C&D’s trade spend investment. The Sr. Manager is responsible for ensuring his team identifies insights, opportunities, creates tools, processes and metrics while delivering analytically based recommendations that inform trade investment strategies which are executable, sustainable and deliver profitable revenue growth for C&D’s trade spend investment
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities (Describe the 5-7 major accountabilities)
- Trade Promotion Optimization – Identify, source and interrogate data to develop processes and insights that inform trade investment strategies which are executable, sustainable and deliver profitable revenue growth for C&D’s trade spend investment.
- Trade Strategy - Provide DSMP analysis for trade guardrails that create alignment between spending and key corporate strategies. Establish ROI and margin requirement recommendations for trade promotion events.
- Promotion Fund Management - Support the Annual Planning process utilizing the Trade Fund Allocation, Customer & Commercial Segmentation Models to ensure we deliver Gross, Net and Profit objectives.
- Field Sales Support - Provide active support and analysis for key strategic customers as well as providing ongoing feedback and presentation of customer plans and corporate risks and opportunities to headquarter functions and Field VPs.
- Organizational Capabilities - Improve the data literacy of the organization and how it utilizes analytics, trade management systems, identifies trade optimization opportunities, and standardized ROI reporting to deliver profitable revenue through effective change management & training practices.
- Tools and Analytics – lead enhancements of current systems and develop new tools to evaluate trade funds, key business driving activities and competitive intelligence.
Education and Experience
- 10-15 years of experience in Sales/Category Management/Data Analytics/Sales Finance roles
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Finance or Economics desired; MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 5 Years of people leadership roles required
- Strong focus in process management, experience in process improvement projects preferred
- Strategic thought leadership – a big-picture view while executing functional requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, capable of multi-tasking and comfortable under pressure
- Outstanding organizational and follow up skills
- Demonstrated commitment to leadership development, coaching and feedback
- Ability to foster passion and commitment in others, and to motivate teams to achieve performance metrics
Skills and Competencies
- Data Literate: the ability, confidence, and willingness to engage with data to acquire information, construct or review analyses and communicate insights to inform decisions. Bonus points if you have an understanding of Data Science concepts and tools (R, Python, SQL)
- Always curious and energized by the opportunity to make the complex simple through uncovering the insights and telling a story
- Ability to digest and easily communicate complex questions
- Expert level Excel skills
- Proficient in data visualization (Power BI/Tableau)
- Build Effective Teams/Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Organizational Influence
- Action Oriented/Priority Setting/Drive For Results
- Dealing with Ambiguity
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More