A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Data Science Enablement team in the fast-growing Analytics Center of Excellence (ACE) helps respond to Church and Dwight’s most complex business questions. The team works in close partnership with business units across Church and Dwight to develop and deliver rapid analytic insights enabling data-driven decision making. Our responsibilities include answering business questions quantitatively in near-real time that have been escalated by internal analyst teams.
As a Data Scientist, you will partner with various teams to develop statistical models, perform complex analysis, and develop analytical solutions leveraging cloud technologies. You'll also work with Analytics Coordinators within the business to harness the power of Church and Dwight’s data lake house with machine learning to provide insights at scale that drive both long-term strategy and near-term operations.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Answer business questions through data analysis, data mining, and statistical modeling. Partner with analytics coordinators and business leaders to translate business insights into data-driven decisions and action
- Collect, cleanse, integrate, data-mine and visualize a variety of internal and external data sources to identify opportunities and influence strategy
- Understand business challenges, transform problems into quantitative frameworks, and communicate complex findings in a structured and clear manner to a non-technical audience.
- Design experiments, develop statistical models, and build causal inference tools to measure and improve operational effectiveness.
- Participates in the Data Scientist Community of Practice and contributes to the improvements to data science standards, processes, and practices
- Facilitate educational workshops on analytics topics to improve data literacy throughout the Enterprise
Education and Experience
- Education: Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline is preferred; Bachelor's degree with 4-7 years of experience is acceptable
- 4-7 years of experience using SQL and programming in Python or R
- 4-7 years of experience building predictive models using quantitative methods (statistical and machine learning)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to independently facilitate meetings and workshops with cross-functional audiences
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More