Sr. Logistics Specialist
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Senior Logistics Specialist is primarily responsible for the processing of carrier invoices utilizing both BlueJay and paper processes, on-boarding and training new and existing carriers and having full ownership and accountability for the freight claims process.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Freight Claims (50%):
- Become the center of expertise for all C&D freight claims. This includes process creation/development, documenting SOP’s, continuous improvement and business support where required.
- Develop and publish reporting to track carrier acceptance of claims, dating of outstanding payment and likely hood of payment.
- Where carriers are not making required payment, escalate to management with proposal on how to recover maximum outstanding balance as possible. With approval, negotiate payment with carriers.
- Where process or system issue arise between C&D and carriers, create immediate work arounds, trouble shoot the issues to identify roots cause and develop plans to correct long term
- Process all carrier freight claims as identified through either customer deductions or return authorizations.
Carrier Payment (40%):
- Process carrier freight invoices for outbound customer shipments utilizing the BlueJay system
- Process carrier freight invoices for outbound customer shipments via paper where carriers are not sending EDI submissions into the Sterling system. This includes a 3-way match that the invoice is valid, the price is valid and the weights are correct. Where this occurs, work with carriers to have them become capable of processing via Sterling.
- As new carriers join C&D or they have resource changes, on-board them to the freight payment process at C&D. This includes over training, start-up monitoring and on-going coaching.
- For all unapproved accessorial charges, work back with the carriers to have invoiced amounts reversed or adjusted as necessary.
- Monitor system alerts to identify when carriers invoices cannot be processed, root cause the issue, engage Logistics Technology resources where required and monitor for root cause closure.
- Respond to carrier queries regarding payment concerns or issues.
- Track availability of carrier insurance certificates
- Participate in departmental and cross functional improvement projects
- Support troubleshooting with BlueJay system issues
Education and Experience
- Bachelors/Associates degree is preferred
- Microsoft Excel experience is required.
- Microsoft Access experience is preferred.
- An understanding of SAP (order management system) is a plus.
- Work Experience in Customer Service, Transportation, or Warehousing is a plus..
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More