Packer 2 - $18/hr $1,000 Sign On Bonus - 2nd shift - Ridgefield, WA
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Packer 2 at our Ridgefield, Washington packaging and distribution center! Our Packer 2 position perform packaging machine operation.
This job opening is available on our 2nd shift, which works Monday through Wednesday and every other Thursday from 5:00 PM to 5:00 AM.
The base rate for this position is $18.00 per hour plus 2nd shift receives a $1.00 per hour shift differential.
Newly hired employees will receive our $1,000 sign on bonus in $500 increments after 6 months and 9 months completion of employment!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Wears proper GMP and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) attire for all tasks including: shoe covers, gowns, hair restraint(s), gloves, masks, sleeve covers, hearing protection, safety glasses, etc.
- Ensures proper clean room attire is worn in the clean room.
- Understands and adheres to Lock Out/Tag Out procedures.
- Assists in performing line clearance and cleaning once one process order is complete before starting the next.
- Performs any and all duties and responsibilities of a Packer 1 when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
VARIOUS MACHINE OPERATION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Retrieves copy of Work Orders from the production line Packer 3.
- Records the date and time the job starts, the item number, bottle lot number, product name, and bottle count in the Equipment Use Log.
- Sets up the machine for use.
- Verifies the correct bottles are used.
- Ensures the proper fixtures are installed and notifies the maintenance technician if fixtures need to be re-fitted per order requirements.
- Checks the scales for correct weights and adjusts as needed.
- Enters data from the main control interface panels to meet Work Order requirements.
- Operates high speed, automated, and manual type bottling machines to fill bottles of product.
- Monitors the machine during operation and makes necessary adjustments to maintain the required output.
- Monitors the bulk to ensure the supply is steady and sufficient for the order.
- Monitors incoming bottles to ensure positive pressure of bottles is maintained to avoid jams.
- Keeps the machine and surrounding area of the clean room clean at all times.
- Clears bottle jams when needed.
- Completes work orders using bulk and bottles supplied by the Packer 3 and returns any unused materials to the Packer 3 after order completion.
- Records the time the job was completed in the Equipment Use Log.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED plus one (1) year work experience and/or equivalent combination of experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of finished goods release procedures.
- Knowledge of Work Order completion procedures, including identification, inventory, and return of unused materials.
- Ability to sort, count, and verify product quantities.
- Ability to complete paperwork accurately.
- Ability to read and carry out oral and written instructions in English.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Ability to detect problems or flawed products and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infraction control standards.
- Ability to wear appropriate personal protective equipment and clean room attire.
- Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance.
- Ability to perform moderate physical activity such as lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds; stand and/or walk more than four to six (4-6) hours and up to twelve (12) hours per day; and work onsite in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More