Trademark Paralegal II
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
- Conducting, reviewing and analyzing high volume of trademark searches in the US and international databases including the Corsearch platform.
- Reviewing, analyzing and working with trademark attorneys on comprehensive US and international trademark searches from outside search vendors such as Corsearch.
- Preparing, filing and assisting in the prosecution and maintenance of US trademark applications with the USPTO.
- Instructing outside local counsel on filing and prosecution of international trademark applications outside of the US.
- Assisting attorneys with trademark oppositions, cancellations and other inter partes proceedings; compiling evidence in support of these proceedings.
- Preparing documents and meeting country-specific requirements, such as notarization and legalization of documents.
- Reviewing and researching trademark watch notices and working with trademark attorneys on potential matters.
- Preparing and filing US trademark renewals and title updates and managing outside vendors on trademark renewals and title updates outside of the US.
- Review of invoices and possible docketing and record-keeping for the above responsibilities; (experience with WebTMS is a plus).
- Preparing office action responses to non-substantive refusals and/or requirements issued against US applications or registrations.
- Providing trademark support on projects including acquisitions, divestitures, and audits.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- The candidate must have trademark prosecution experience with a law firm or company, with demonstrated track record handling domestic and international trademark portfolios, with 4 years of trademark experience a plus.
- Candidate should possess excellent oral and written communication skills, be detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple priorities and track extensive details.
- Candidate should be able establish and maintain good working relationships with business clients and colleagues
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More