A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The candidate for this position will support the Fabric Care business with development of new formulations and product improvements in addition to other R&D work to support existing products. The position requires a self-motivated individual with strong technical skills and business sense as well as ability to multi-task and work independently and in a team environment.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- With help from supervisor, develop technical plan for formulations and products to meet project design parameters.
- Execute product development activities including experiments, preparation of samples for consumer/safety/packaging testing, and documentation to support the development, qualification and technical transfer to manufacturing of products.
- Analyze experimental and other data, write reports and make recommendations.
- Interact with internal teams including R&D, Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, Regulatory, Consumer Relations and vendors based on project requirements.
- Support close-in projects as technical project leader and subject matter expert.
Education and Experience
- The preferred candidate will have a BS degree from an accredited institution in Chemistry or related discipline and 2+ years of laboratory experience or MS in Chemistry or related discipline.
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of surfactant chemistry and experience in product development desirable.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and creativity to solve technical problems.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently on multiple projects.
- Can guide/coach laboratory technicians and/or temporary employees with clear direction and prioritization.
- Excellent business sense, oral and written communication skills and presentation skills preferred.
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More