A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Will execute process engineering work, under supervision, typically on multiple projects at a time in the Fabric Care group. Will conduct scale up work in the pilot plant alongside lab associates and lower-level engineers; may team with other professionals. Must develop good relationships and exert influence over other departments, plants, etc.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Process evaluation including mass and energy balances, flow diagrams, etc.
- Process feasibility including thermodynamics, bench testing, etc.
- Process development including pilot plant design, operation, data interpretation, and design for robustness
- Able to analyze data statistically and graphically and make independent conclusions. Able to use six sigma DMAIC tools to define and solve problems.
- Project support including vendor testing, equipment selection, writing of operating manuals and reports, etc.
- Startup support including process validation, cGMP implementation, tuning of control strategy, process safety assurance, etc.
- Plant support including testing of process changes, writing and execution of plant PTRs for new product introductions and restages, problem solving, etc.
- Pilot Plant optimization and capabilities growth including the implementation of novel processes and/or equipment with minimal guidance; use of lean tools to improve capacities/efficiencies
Education and Experience
B.S. or M.S. degree from an accredited institution in Chemical Engineering with 5+ year’s relevant experience
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to develop, organize and prioritize tasks within assigned projects and work with supervisor to manage assigned projects
- Ability to manage large workload at times and to adapt to reprioritization as necessary in a rapidly changing environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio) and Minitab or similar Statistical programs. Able to learn and be proficient in Agile PLM and SOP writing and implementation.
- Capacity to learn new computer programs with minimal training.
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More