Accountant II at Waterpik
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Accountant II is responsible for supporting accounting functions within the department and providing accounting and financial information within the company. They are tasked with performing SOX controls as well as monitoring and organizing records to support the performance of the Company’s controls. This position is key to monitoring SOX performance over different departments and will assist with coordinating various audits (both external and internal). The Accountant II will also be responsible for helping during the close process each month, quarter, and year-end. This includes, but is not limited to, journal entries, bank reconciliations, and GL reconciliations. This role will work with the Senior Manager of Accounting, Accounting Supervisor, and the Accountant team on special projects.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Reviewing documentation, processes, and practices to ensure compliance with existing controls, policies, and processes.
- Documenting compliance-related processes and maintaining records.
- Assists in interim and year-end audits by providing detailed documentation and working closely with internal and external auditors.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Completes bank reconciliations and GL reconciliations each period.
- Involved in the month-end close process, including preparation of journal entries and account analyses and review.
- Works on special projects or takes on additional responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Manager of Accounting, Accounting Supervisor, and the Accountant team
Operating Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- SOX Compliance
- Corporate Accounting
- Oracle or networked accounting software
- Microsoft Applications
- Good organizational/time management skills required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with strong Excel experience, including pivot tables, vlookups and other data extraction tools.
- Knowledge of Oracle accounting applications is a plus.
- Strong familiarity with internal controls and SOX compliance.
- Minimum 2 years in public accounting or similar position in industry
- Proficient in software noted above
Other Qualifications & Physical Requirements
- Must be able to make quick and accurate decisions
- Must be able to provide accurate information to both employees and the management team on a professional level
- Ability to be an effective team member and participate in a collaborative working environment
Salary and Benefits
Water Pik, Inc., a partner company of Church & Dwight Company, Inc., offers an extensive Total Reward package for this position, including:
Estimated pay: $59,500 - $89,300 Salary
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance / Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending / Health Savings Account / Commuter Reimbursement Account
Vacation / Holiday / Sick Time / Pandemic Leave / Short and Long Term Disability / Life & AD&D / Spouse/Child Optional Life / Supplemental Life & AD&D / Family and Medical Leave / Bereavement
Adoption Assistance / Tuition Reimbursement / Employee Assistance Program / Identity Theft Protection / Critical Illness Insurance
Savings and Profit Sharing Plan / 401(k) Match / Employee Stock Purchase Plan
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More