QA Technician, Weekend Nights
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
"F" Shift - Thursday & Friday, 9:30 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. Saturday & Sunday 5:30p.m. to 5:30a.m.
This position supports product manufacturing to ensure plant quality requirements are met while maintaining all safety standards. This is achieved in part by conducting line audits and laboratory analysis of raw, in-process and finished goods.
- Responsible for promoting a safety culture and awareness within their area of responsibility.
- Support all plant safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Responsible for having a clear understanding of, and adhering to, all Corporate and plant quality processes, procedures and methodology.
- Performs raw material, in-process and finished product QC analytical testing which includes viscosity, specific gravity, pH, solids, color/odor, titration, GC and HPLC analysis, etc.
- Conducts audits on operating, high speed production lines.
- Responsible for notifying all appropriate parties of non-conforming product (out of specification material and/or product) and take appropriate action to contain material/product.
- Actively participates in root cause analysis and supports nonconformance investigations.
- Responsible for the calibration, preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of all critical laboratory equipment such as HPLCs, GC, balances, and autotitrator.
- Understands and incorporates good documentation practices and good laboratory practices in daily operations.
- Utilizes various computer programs to record, retrieve and analyze information.
- Assists in the creation of SOPs, work instructions and forms.
- Suggests opportunities for continuous improvement and areas for change where applicable.
- Participates in Lean and Kaizen events as assigned.
- Schedule flexibility, ability to work overtime and/or weekends as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communications skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong computer skills and experience with MS office suite.
- Knowledge of good laboratory practices.
- Knowledge of analytical chemistry equipment and techniques.
- Basic mechanical and chemical aptitude.
- Knowledge of production operations, including equipment, materials, work flow, etc.
- Experience in CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods) manufacturing industry.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology or related field preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a quality laboratory and/or experience as a manufacturing quality inspector or floor technician in a fast-paced manufacturing environment preferred.
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
On November 4, the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) issued an order (the ETS) requiring, among other things, companies such as Church & Dwight with 100+ employees to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 and/or that unvaccinated employees undergo testing for COVID-19 at least once per week. In compliance with the ETS, Church & Dwight implemented a mandate to comply with the ETS applicable to all employees who are not fully remote*. Beginning February 9, 2022, as a term and condition of employment, all employees who are not fully remote will be required to be fully vaccinated or test weekly unless granted an exemption as a workplace accommodation. For additional information, please contact TAQuestions@churchdwight.com.
*Applicable for U.S. Plants, Waukesha, Regional Sales, and Waterpik
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More